Suggest a desktop DAC for PC -> DAC -> LD MkIII
Mar 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GiR

100+ Head-Fier
I'm considering getting a desktop DAC.

I have a Little Dot MkIII on its way to me and I am using my pc for playback ALAC/FLAC. I was/am going to be getting a Pico, although I am impatient and was also thinking of a more non portable solution.

I would prefer as cheap as possible but I guess I could stretch to about $200+/- if I still plan on getting the pico.

Would I be better off just using the pico as my home dac too at that price point?

Also, I have a X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Soundcard which has Optical out I believe, so that may open up the options a bit.

Help me out Oh wise ones
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 6
I’m pretty much in the same situation as you are (thinking of ordering the Little Dot MkII), so some help would be much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

I’m looking into the Keces DA-151, but that’s maybe too far to stretch for you. The Zero dac/amp is also something to look into.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 6
I will put my vote in for the iBasso D1. It has optical, coax and analog inputs, and is a breat USB/DAC. This is a really versatile amp. You can roll the op amps (L/R, Buffers and DAC) to fine tune your favorite sound signature.

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #5 of 6
I am waiting out for the release of the Little Dot DAC. I have a good feeling it would pair very well with the MKIII considering it is the same creator. They said it should be out late April, so that means within the next 10 days
smily_headphones1.gif
. I think they said it was going to be $265+shipping.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 6
I am waiting the new LD DAC too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back