Sufjan Stevens....anymore like him?
Jan 27, 2005 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MadDog5145

500+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased Greetings From Lake Michigan, Seven Swans, and Enjoy Your Rabbit all by Sufjan Stevens and I can not stop listening to these albums. If any other fans of Sufjan Stevens can recommend me some other like him, it would be much appreciated
biggrin.gif

BTW, I already have some Iron and Wine, Elliot Smith, Damien Jurado, Devendra Banhart, and Califone so you can eliminate those guys....

Jan 27, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc53
How about Badly Drawn Boy, Jim White, Sun Kil Moon, Shins, and Bright Eyes? Also American Analogue Set. That's who comes to mind right now.

Good stuff, I already have some Badly Drawn Boy, The Shins (one of my favorite bands), and Bright Eyes., but I will check the others out. Thanks.

Jan 27, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 7
B00000J7YT.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Love this album! Richard Buckner's debut. The Rykodisc remaster with bonus tracks from 1999 sounds kind of crappy since they used a bunch of compression, but that's probably the only one you'll be able to find and it's a gem no matter what it sounds like. I wish record companies wouldn't remaster CDs unless they know what they are doing, but guess that's too much to ask for
frown.gif
He's got a couple other later ones that are at the top of the pile too.

Lots of others. There was a "recommend me something like Iron & Wine" thread not too long ago where some of us talked about this kind of stuff. I'd do a search....but then again...
wink.gif

Edit later - OK, I found it and there are a lot of great suggestions....http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88199

Jan 27, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog5145
I recently purchased Greetings From Lake Michigan, Seven Swans, and Enjoy Your Rabbit all by Sufjan Stevens and I can not stop listening to these albums.

I keep meaning to buy the "Greeting From Lake Michigan" one. Which one of the three albums do you like the best? Maybe a quick comparison of the three albums stylistically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back