Suddenly Comply T-400s are rated for the UE Triple-Fi's. (Confirmation: They have been tested!).
Apr 8, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #31 of 43
Press them?? I thought most users just inserted into ear without pressing them. Am I missing something??? Mine last a long time, but all I'm doing is lightly inserting into ears--this according to the recommendation of Antonyfirst who told me not to push into the ears.

Apr 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by riChchestMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep them in my coat pocket which is basically the same as keeping them in a softcase. I'm sure they are splitting in my ear not in my pocket because the overhang at the front of the tip is getting pushed back during insertion.

I'll give the steam a try but since these things are so hard to remove without further ripping I'm not so sure about holding my actual drivers in the steam.

I too was concerned about this, but they only need to be in the steam for a second or two and I ponted the open end of the driver up/away from the steam.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #33 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Press them?? I thought most users just inserted into ear without pressing them. Am I missing something??? Mine last a long time, but all I'm doing is lightly inserting into ears--this according to the recommendation of Antonyfirst who told me not to push into the ears.

It depends of how you wear your Triple.Fi. I prefer to use the Flip Flop mod and to insert the tip as far as I would the small silicone tips and to have the ear monitor rest flat and snuggly against the ear. I was also following the instructions on the Comply package that says to press them before inserting them.

After a while the act of inserting the tips will put to much pressure on the foam that overhangs at the very first part that goes first into your ears and it will start to peel back from the inner tube.

This happened to me after just 10 days.

They will still keep the same seal but I ended up trashing them away. They ended up being damaged by me trying to take them out of the Triple.FI.

That same week I discovered a defect on my Triple.Fi and had to RMA them to UE. When I get my replacement Triple.fi back, I will see about maybe having to compromise and not insert them too far and also to see for how long they will keep the same seal.

One more thing. After they get warm by wearing them and then you decide to take them out for a minute and then try to press them and insert them back, they will not hold the shape by the time you get them to your ears.

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #34 of 43
I've had my Comply tips for over a week now, and I am quite impressed. They are extremely comfortable, stay in well, and provide the best sound isolation short of custom molds.

Poor isolation is the "dirty little secret" about the triple-fi's, the large soundtube bore just doesn't leave enough room for adequate sound deadening. This Comply visco-elastic material works wonders...

Apr 13, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #35 of 43
I put a pair on my Super-fi 5Pros and now I can't get them off. Well, I probably could but I'm concerned I'll break the sound tube. Any sugestions before I cut them off with an exacto knife?

Apr 15, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put a pair on my Super-fi 5Pros and now I can't get them off. Well, I probably could but I'm concerned I'll break the sound tube. Any sugestions before I cut them off with an exacto knife?

I don't think the knife might be a good idea, you may carve a small line on the super.fi tube. I usually just grab the super.fi firmly and work my way around pulling from different corners.

Can't wait to get my Triple.Fi back from warranty. I need to experiment some more with these comply tips as they provide the best isolation for me. I will try what some posters have suggested of not squeezing them but let them just enter your ear canal outer opening. I will see how that works out.

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by eat2na /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the knife might be a good idea, you may carve a small line on the super.fi tube. I usually just grab the super.fi firmly and work my way around pulling from different corners.

Yeah, you're probably right, I'll just leave them on 'til it's time to change tips. I'll tell you one thing, they sure sound a lot better than any other tips I've tried. Using a SF5Pro/2GNano/Go-Vibe V7 ECO combo and it sounds great!

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #38 of 43
Just ordered mine. I hope they work.

Apr 18, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #39 of 43
I just received my comply tips for the triple.fi, and much to my dismay, they are severely muddying up the sound. Bass has definitely improved, as with sound isolation, but the treble has just been severely robbed of its sparkle. I feel that it may be because the comply tip itself extends about a 1/4" past the soundbore itself, thereby "muffling" about the sound. It seems that I can't push the comply tips in any further, because it's sitting at the base of the soundbore. But even at this position, the plastic insert inside of the comply tips is extending about 1/8" past the end of the soundbore. Is this normal?

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #40 of 43
Just got mine! These things finally make the Triple.Fi listenable to me. I was disappointed with the Triple.Fi due to poor isolation and IMHO poor midrange.

Now with these tips, just pulled back so the overhang doesn't block the opening these phones sound great!

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by joefosho315 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my comply tips for the triple.fi, and much to my dismay, they are severely muddying up the sound. Bass has definitely improved, as with sound isolation, but the treble has just been severely robbed of its sparkle. I feel that it may be because the comply tip itself extends about a 1/4" past the soundbore itself, thereby "muffling" about the sound. It seems that I can't push the comply tips in any further, because it's sitting at the base of the soundbore. But even at this position, the plastic insert inside of the comply tips is extending about 1/8" past the end of the soundbore. Is this normal?

I wonder about that too. I have the super.fi 5, and the Comply tip does stick out a bit further from the soundbore than the stock foam/silicone tips.

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Hmm, that's not a good sign for me. That sounds like the same problem I had with modding a pair of Shure black olive foamies. It extended past the nozzle and definitely muffled the sound.

I was hoping the Comply tips were designed to be shorter, but it appears they are not.

Apr 20, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

I wonder if we can just clip the tips to sit even with the soundbore. I put the complys on my SF5pros but only listened for maybe five minutes before I put them away 'til the hot weather hits. I'm going to do more listening during the week and perhaps trim the tips if they present a problem. Didn't notice anything initially though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back