Subwoofer to pair with AV40's.
Mar 23, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Nebby the Dayton is probably a good match up for what you have. You cannot hear anything below 20Hz and when you get down to even 20hz or below you need a very large driver and alot of power.
Most of it is vibration that you feel but not hear.

Yeah, I think you, Nebby and I are more on the same page for what I am looking for. I might actually give the BIC 8" a try since its 90$. Personally I would not call the AV40's wimpy as they sound pretty good and get fairly loud. This is just a PC setup I want to improve on some. My HT setup is a different story all together. Thanks for everyones replies.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

I am curious if the BIC V-80 would be a better choice? It sports a little more power. Wish I could demo both. They are almost identical in price.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copyright /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am curious if the BIC V-80 would be a better choice? It sports a little more power. Wish I could demo both. They are almost identical in price.

Actually given that the BIC is sold by amazon I'd get that; Amazon has a great return policy and you can return it for the price of shipping if it doesn't work out for you.

also.... Quote:

Special Shipping Information: This item normally requires a shipping charge, but is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping today.

Free shipping!

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually given that the BIC is sold by amazon I'd get that; Amazon has a great return policy and you can return it for the price of shipping if it doesn't work out for you.

also....

Free shipping!

lol yeah, I noticed that also. I have an H100 BIC in my living room I have had great luck with so I will probably give the BIC a try.

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 21
Hi guys,

I also have a z2300 sub and a pair of av40's.My sundcard is a Creative SB x-fi with a 3.55jack a digitalspdif output and an optical cable.
can i and how plug my z2300 to these?
I read the z2300 sub suckedf but it must be better than nothing right?
I just want it to fill the low end.
If not worthy i'll go for a daytona or something but i need to know if this'll work and how to plus first...

Thanks,
Greets,
Arthur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back