Subwoofer Recommendation
Jul 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hackez

New Head-Fier
Hey All,

I finally finished setting up my Micca MB42 Bookshelf Speakers and LP-2020A Amp. Everything is working great but you can definitely notice a need for a subwoofer.  Any suggestions on a nice one for $100 or less? Also, will I need any additional equipment for the subwoofer? Currently I'm going from a dedicated sound card directly to the amplifier which then goes to the speakers.

Thanks!
L3000.gif

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 5
If you get a sub with speaker level inputs and outputs, you can run the speaker line from the amp to the sub, and then from speaker out on the sub to the speakers. Otherwise, you would need a subwoofer with left and right RCA inputs, and then split the output from the soundcard to both the sub and the amp.

The Dayton SUB1000 is a little over your budget, and it has both RCA left/right inputs and speaker level input and outputs. The Dayton subs are very good, and it could be worth the wait if you have to save just a little longer to get it.

The Polk PSW10 is often on sale for $100 or less. It has both RCA left/right inputs and speaker level input and outputs. For the same money, I would go for the Dayton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back