Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
Apr 4, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #826 of 981
We hear you all! We will showcase the current STORM design for the upcoming CanJam Singapore show as well. Will gather feedback see what aesthetic tweaks we should make. Redesigning the faceplate was not a simple process in the past year due to CNC limitations with titanium.

We won't let you down with the release of the regular ver. STORM. We looooove the aesthetics of the Launch Ed STORM; and have decided that those 50 will remain extra special for the first 50 folks that believed in us at the very start.

Rest assured, we won't rush anything when it concerns product launches. We don't intend to take orders for STORM during CanJam. Regular Ed STORM is ready when it's ready. We've always adovcated for slow release cycles and will continue to do so, so that we can deliver an excellent product consistently.

Thank you all!
Thanks Buddy!

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #828 of 981
The Storm are (really really really) amazing IEMs. The best at any price IMHO. So, if you're looking for the absolute best, and have the front end to support them (minimum DX320 Max Ti) you're in for a treat. I'm eager for more people to hear these things. Glad to be one of the 50 that have them though!

Yes, I am really enjoying the Storm and I'm lucky I was able to find another launch edition.

I am loving the synergy with the Mjolnir, as someone who's library is about 60% electronic I find the treble dynamics quite addicting.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #829 of 981
Apr 6, 2024 at 12:50 AM Post #830 of 981
We are at CanJam SG! Room Ocean 8, right upstairs. See you all!

Do drop us your feedback and see the RE STORM in person.

Happy listening!

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #831 of 981
Yes, I am really enjoying the Storm and I'm lucky I was able to find another launch edition.

I am loving the synergy with the Mjolnir, as someone who's library is about 60% electronic I find the treble dynamics quite addicting.
I tried Storm + Sovereign + Mjolnir here at SG. I can see why you’re a big fan of the combo, it’s something else, in a good way. I couldn’t deal with the thickness of SS however

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #832 of 981
I tried Storm + Sovereign + Mjolnir here at SG. I can see why you’re a big fan of the combo, it’s something else, in a good way. I couldn’t deal with the thickness of SS however
Sovereign come in a 2 wire option but it seems everyone is going for the greatest and bestest…

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #833 of 981
Sovereign come in a 2 wire option but it seems everyone is going for the greatest and bestest…
I guess there’s some confusion here.
Sovereign: 2 Wire
Sovereign Symphony (aka SS): 4 Wire.

The 4 wire is pretty ungainly but they do warn you on the site. Sovereign gets you 80% there for 50% of the weight or so.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #834 of 981

Glad you loved it, I am quite obsessed with it as is (with the Mira 4W) and I've been told from multiple sources that while the Sovereign Symphony is thicker and heavier that it is actually more comfortable overall... so I should be okay. :) I did demo the Sovereign Symphony twice and it seems alright but that was shorter sessions.

IMG_9696.JPGIMG_9698 2.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #835 of 981
I guess there’s some confusion here.
Sovereign: 2 Wire
Sovereign Symphony (aka SS): 4 Wire.

The 4 wire is pretty ungainly but they do warn you on the site. Sovereign gets you 80% there for 50% of the weight or so.
And … price. The Sov (2 wire) is probably the better cost to value ratio. But as we know, if you’re buying storm … sometimes it’s about chasing that extra percentage point.

Keen to relisten at some point.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #836 of 981
And … price. The Sov (2 wire) is probably the better cost to value ratio. But as we know, if you’re buying storm … sometimes it’s about chasing that extra percentage point.

Keen to relisten at some point.

This is my mindset more or less. I have invested a lot in this chain between repurchasing the Storm and acquiring the Mjolnir. I want every last %. 😂

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #839 of 981
Unfortunately I do not have the ears (or the wallet) to support that one 😢

IMG_514708608E1F-1.jpeg
Man this looks like a headphone cable….something suited for 3 pin mini XLR or 3.5mm headphone termination and not 2 pin IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back