Subtonic STORM: Impressions and Discussion
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #977 of 981
No more DX260?

I was not the biggest fan of the DX260 to begin with as I felt the treble resolution was weak. But the mjolnir for my tastes blows away every dap I have heard, so I couldn’t help but see the DX260 as ~$800 tied up in something I no longer needed.

I am using my PAW S1 now for on the go usage. I would like to find something better but I’m torn in that mid-point between trying to find something that’s worth keeping around without breaking the bank as most of my listening is done through the Mjolnir.

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #978 of 981
I was not the biggest fan of the DX260 to begin with as I felt the treble resolution was weak. But the mjolnir for my tastes blows away every dap I have heard, so I couldn’t help but see the DX260 as ~$800 tied up in something I no longer needed.

I am using my PAW S1 now for on the go usage. I would like to find something better but I’m torn in that mid-point between trying to find something that’s worth keeping around without breaking the bank as most of my listening is done through the Mjolnir.

Ever consider the DC- Elite or the W4? I’d imagine that those would be a great dongle compliment for the Mjolnir.

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #980 of 981
A STORM has arrived

The cable featured is the Nightjar Acoustics Sovereign 2W, one of the upgrade options for STORM.

Seems to me that the only way to purposely do that is with phase cancelation via the super tweeter crossover. I can't comment on the actual sound so won't but will guess it would sound very friendly and open on top with an added ethereal factor. Looks like the dip is prevented from being even greater by elevating the tweeter in general with a side benefit of enhancing the air/harmonic ranges. Perhaps a way to elevated harmonic detail without harshness... or I may be completely off base. Probably not for me if done that way but obviously, well regarded people really like it. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #981 of 981
I know that some folks had compared the N30LE to the DX320 Max Ti with the Storm. I'm curious what the power difference is between these two. It seems that I cannot find the same measurements comparing the two. I am liking the sound of the N30LE with the Soleil a ton. I lent my Storm + DX320 Max out, so I cannot compare... yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back