substitute for TLE in Meta
Oct 19, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
can two resistors be used in place of the tle2496, at least temporarily?

That's something you can do - but it's a significant downgrade, and TLE2426's are only about $1.50. Why do you want to do this?

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 7
you can use a buffer or a opamp too if you want to get creative, tangent (as always) has a good article here: http://tangentsoft.net/elec/vgrounds.html
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnewman
That's something you can do - but it's a significant downgrade, and TLE2426's are only about $1.50. Why do you want to do this?

because I don't have a tle on hand, it's only a temporary solution until I can order the rail splitter. I was just wondering if it would work for that purpose.

Oct 19, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 7
answer is yes, you can, but make it temporary
wink.gif

your detailed answer is in the link i posted
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 7
If you're going to do it, you'll want to tie the V+ (Vin) pin to the ground (Vout) pin and the V- (common) pin to the ground (Vout) pin with resistors valued around 5-10kohm.

On the META42 board, this means that the two pins closest to the power supply electrolytic caps must be tied to the pin closest to the ground buffer through the resistors.

Oct 19, 2004 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 7
For a temporary hack, I'd use 1K, myself. You'll get a more even split, at the cost of higher current draw than if you use higher values. Since it's temporary, you can afford the cost of better performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back