Submersible High Quality Headphones for Surfing and Swimming
Mar 23, 2005 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

thatopampguy

Head-Fier
Hi,

Can anyone recommend some headphones for swimming or surfing in? What about a waterproof audio player too?

Thanks.

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 9
Don't know about any submersible headphones ... But look at this, the "Aqua fm snorkel radio" . Has to be one of the weirdest and most useless inventions I've heard about. It doesn't use headphones at all, instead it "uses bone conduction technology to transmit sounds through the teeth to the inner ear".

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 9
There was a waterproof/resistant mp3 player & headphones on here once. I think the player was just a regular player and it was a waterproof case. Do a search.

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by schaaf
there is a company making waterproof iPod cases that include a canal-phone-head-set thing. If you have an iPod it might be worth it if you do alot of water activities, if not I dont think you would want to spend the money on the iPod and the case. the case is like 150usd i think...

heres the review from ipodlounge

http://www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_mo...d=6712_0_6_0_M

$149USD
http://www.h2oaudio.com/products/ipodsv_3G.php# (yeah, found through the ipodlounge reviews page)

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:41 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonasb
Don't know about any submersible headphones ... But look at this, the "Aqua fm snorkel radio" . Has to be one of the weirdest and most useless inventions I've heard about. It doesn't use headphones at all, instead it "uses bone conduction technology to transmit sounds through the teeth to the inner ear".

That is awesome.

Mar 23, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 9
Burn-in under water...amazing.
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks,

As though etymotics weren't painful enough. Look at the 4-5 flange solidish rubber flanges on those waterproof headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back