Sub Bass?
May 26, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #31 of 35
But I/we were specifically talking about 5.1 on at least a 5.1 system.
The OP asked what frequency range is sub bass. From there we went to this to that etc. So I don't know what the problem is except that we have all gone off topic :)

May 26, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #32 of 35
Cinemas might do well without bass management, but I don't.
I don’t doubt that you need bass management, just refuting that it’s “needed regardless of what the system is”. It was actually invented for systems without bass management.
Why should I limit to what I am talking about according to what you are talking about?
Because if you’re talking about something else when responding to what I’m talking about, that’s a recipe for confusion!

G

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #33 of 35
I don’t doubt that you need bass management, just refuting that it’s “needed regardless of what the system is”. It was actually invented for systems without bass management.
What I mean is that if you don't need bass management, then you simply don't use it, but if you need it, you better be able to use it.
Because if you’re talking about something else when responding to what I’m talking about, that’s a recipe for confusion!

G
I didn't know what you were talking about. I just reacted to something you said. Later I found out you where talking about 5.1 recordings for some reason. I have been talking about bass management IN GENERAL, because this is sub bass thread.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #34 of 35
if you’re talking about something else when responding to what I’m talking about, that’s a recipe for confusion!
That's par for the course around here. We spend more time discussing the footnotes than the actual topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back