Sub-bass oriented headphones/IEMs.
Feb 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #31 of 48

This one ^?? is more bas than xb90ex?

Thx

I've had G10 and xb90 at the same time and tested this. with EQ/amp xb90 can be pushed to a level of bass beyond the G10. No EQ/Amp I would take the G10 though.

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #33 of 48
How much in the lower range did you push them, without distortion, and how much power feed?

I was using JDS C5D at the time which isn't super powerful but it has an 16dB high bass boost, the G10 were at their limit but with xb90 I could add in extra using Foobar or my Walkman's Clearbass. Additionally the xb90 have more tactile subs and I think the bass tuning is for a deep bass peak while the G10 are a little more flat into the midbass (so on first blush they could give the impression of having more bass). I did manage to eventually blow the xb90 driver later on (still worked but got that air flopping sound when lifting bass), but only because I had a crazy EQ set that I forgot to turn off when I plugged them in :confused_face:

Of course not really a basshead so I wouldn't listen to them like that. Un-EQ'd G10 is more my comfort level for extended extra bass listening, and can get that level without having to worry about source/amp power..

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #34 of 48
I was using JDS C5D at the time which isn't super powerful but it has an 16dB high bass boost, the G10 were at their limit but with xb90 I could add in extra using Foobar or my Walkman's Clearbass. Additionally the xb90 have more tactile subs and I think the bass tuning is for a deep bass peak while the G10 are a little more flat into the midbass (so on first blush they could give the impression of having more bass). I did manage to eventually blow the xb90 driver later on (still worked but got that air flopping sound when lifting bass), but only because I had a crazy EQ set that I forgot to turn off when I plugged them in
confused_face.gif

Of course not really a basshead so I wouldn't listen to them like that. Un-EQ'd G10 is more my comfort level for extended extra bass listening, and can get that level without having to worry about source/amp power..

Very helpful thanks. I don't think i'd go too crazy with any of them. Just need one for portable when i dont feel like an overear/on ear, or for when lay down and also don't want to deal with headphone, tablet and amp, and just want like a shuffle + IEM, Which is why i am leaning for the sony unless the g10 is friendly without amp. Comfort listening yes.

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #35 of 48
Feb 27, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #37 of 48
   Great question:
The short answer is, No.
I rank them in over all sound performance, including sub bass.The HA-FXT200 ltd sounds very much like the HA-S500 portable headphone. Everything is presented very clean,fast, and distinct, including sub bass. But the sub bass on the FXT will distort much earlier than on the HA-FX99X. Not at "normal" listen levels, but when push comes to shove, the FX99X will hold it's composure and the FXT200 ltd will distort, beginning with the sub bass frequencies. 
   to recap: The HA-FX99X is a great choice for people that enjoy bass boosted music, elevated eq 20-80hrz, and music that centers on sub bass 808, miami bass, trap...It has a lot of musical detail and great presentation across the spectrum, just not as ear tickling as the HA-FXT200 ltd to my ears. The difference is minimal, but this is our passion, is it not?

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #38 of 48
     Great question:
The short answer is, No.
I rank them in over all sound performance, including sub bass.The HA-FXT200 ltd sounds very much like the HA-S500 portable headphone. Everything is presented very clean,fast, and distinct, including sub bass. But the sub bass on the FXT will distort much earlier than on the HA-FX99X. Not at "normal" listen levels, but when push comes to shove, the FX99X will hold it's composure and the FXT200 ltd will distort, beginning with the sub bass frequencies. 
   to recap: The HA-FX99X is a great choice for people that enjoy bass boosted music, elevated eq 20-80hrz, and music that centers on sub bass 808, miami bass, trap...It has a lot of musical detail and great presentation across the spectrum, just not as ear tickling as the HA-FXT200 ltd to my ears. The difference is minimal, but this is our passion, is it not?

Thank you for the great review. Sub bass is a lot of people passion here, that's for sure. I have a few questions about HA-FX99X. What about the mids? Usually sub bass IEM have not very good mids.
I noticed HA-FX99X has a hole on the upper part of the body of IEM. Will it spoils isolation in noisy places, like tube or a bus?
You have a lot of IEM bro, is HA-FX99X the best sub bass IEM that you have? You have SONY, are they not so good?
And how HA-FX99X not amped? Does it need an amp?

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #39 of 48
Thank you for the great review. Sub bass is a lot of people passion here, that's for sure. I have a few questions about HA-FX99X. What about the mids? Usually sub bass IEM have not very good mids.
I noticed HA-FX99X has a hole on the upper part of the body of IEM. Will it spoils isolation in noisy places, like tube or a bus?
You have a lot of IEM bro, is HA-FX99X the best sub bass IEM that you have? You have SONY, are they not so good?
And how HA-FX99X not amped? Does it need an amp?

It doesn't isolate much but listenable on the light rail. IMO mids are kind of the weak spot, lacking some definition in body, but makes up for this with good upper mids clarity. The bass extends deep but it is a bit soft/diffuse compared to memory of well powered/eq'd xb90. However without strong source/amp, fx99x will most likely sound better.

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #40 of 48
@Turbo
I like the mids on the fx99x, that is why I refer to them as the fx1100 of bass. I listened to acoustic music on these while I was reviewing them, not because I like that music, but I wanted to hear how they perform without sub bass content. I find them even and smooth across the whole frequency range, including mids. I also listend to acapella. I use music that I know well for reviewing.
My experience with these and other bass iem may differ from other Head-Fiers as I do not use eq. I don't eq because I am using my iem and cans to monitor while making music. I don't think that there is anything wrong with eqing to help some one enjoy their music more, I am actually trying to enjoy my iem. Each iem and headphone is a lens into a sonic world. Every lens distorts or changes what is viewed;
and, Isn't it beautiful?

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #43 of 48
I don't recommend the SE846. Didn't go any lower than my other much cheaper IEMs like the ie80. The Atlas has a ton of bass, not sure how low it goes though. Probably pretty low considering how much there is.

Aug 18, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #44 of 48
I have been rocking a set of Oriveti Basic IEMS for a few years now and they have quite a bit of boost. The sub bass extends all the way down past 30hz. They are definitely warm, dark and smooth. Great for electronic music like LORN - Entangled

Recently the left driver seems to have started to fail. It's quieter, has less impact and sounds weird. Have to find a replacement set of IEMs. Trying out some Final Audio E5000 right now after reading some reviews praising their sub bass. Extension is not very good as some notes are too quiet to hear at all in some of the lowest bass lines.

I don't recommend the SE846. Didn't go any lower than my other much cheaper IEMs like the ie80. The Atlas has a ton of bass, not sure how low it goes though. Probably pretty low considering how much there is.

Good to know. Was wondering about the SE846. Guess it's not going to have enough extension. I have also been curious about the CA dynamic driver iems. Wonder about iems that have W9 subwoofers in them.

Aug 18, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #45 of 48
Get the Empire Ears Bravado - never been more pleased with a pair of IEMs. Amazing sub-bass - superb depth and clarity, not muddy in the slightest, but pack an immense punch. Easily as satisfying as my Audeze LCD2c. Just a real pleasure to listen to for all genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back