Sub-$700 Amp?
Feb 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Necrolic

1000+ Head-Fier
More questions, yet again.

What would be the best SS amp sub-$700 (would be willing to go up to $800 if it's really worth it)?

For now it'll be driving my D5000s, but in the future I will most likely be picking up a more neutral, high impedance headphone as well (not sure what as of yet), so I'm really looking for a neutral amp that can drive just about anything decently.

I'll consider balanced as well as SE, but I would prefer a recommendation for SE because I CBA to reterminate all my future headphones.

I was considering the Audio-GD C2 and DAC19 up to this point, but I know the C2 can't drive the likes of T1 or HD800 properly so I figured I'd up the budget and ask around to see if there's anything in that price range that can drive those headphones well.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 4
I got the Audio GD ROC shipped to the US for 816.00. Don't know what the shipping to your part of the country would be though. I guess that is about the only suggestion I have for you but sure other's will have many more. I tried to find a ROC on the for sale items but had no luck.

Feb 21, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I'd like to get a Roc, but Kingwa told me the new DAC is going to be around $1000, meaning either I've got to save for awhile longer, find a cheaper balanced DAC, or hope for a miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back