Sub-50 USD IEMs or Headphones with good sound isolation
Apr 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GhzGuy

New Head-Fier
Hello there!
I have a 3D printer not 5 feet away from where I usually work, and it can get to be pretty loud. My current headphones, a set of AKG M220s from Massdrop, while comfy, aren't that good at keeping the printer quiet. I would like to know if there were any options under or around 50 USD that isolate sound well and don't sound like tin. I've looked at the LyxPro Has 10 and 30, and a few offerings from JVC, but I wanted to know if there was anything better. I tend to listen to electronic music and Eurobeat, so a clean, punchy bass in always a joy to listen to. Durability isn't much of a concern to me, as I will have these at my desk 24/7. I do not currently own an amp or a DAC. I'm sure if there are any other questions you'll ask.

Thank you for your time!

Apr 11, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 8
  Hello there!
I have a 3D printer not 5 feet away from where I usually work, and it can get to be pretty loud. My current headphones, a set of AKG M220s from Massdrop, while comfy, aren't that good at keeping the printer quiet. I would like to know if there were any options under or around 50 USD that isolate sound well and don't sound like tin. I've looked at the LyxPro Has 10 and 30, and a few offerings from JVC, but I wanted to know if there was anything better. I tend to listen to electronic music and Eurobeat, so a clean, punchy bass in always a joy to listen to. Durability isn't much of a concern to me, as I will have these at my desk 24/7. I do not currently own an amp or a DAC. I'm sure if there are any other questions you'll ask.

Thank you for your time!

You should definitely check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyerdynamic Byron. Those two are the kings in your price range, IMHO. Definitely worth reading about to see what you think. One other thing about isolation, there are third-party tip makers that can give you a better, tighter fit. You might look into those as well. Comply is a good manufacturer. ---)

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 8
  Hello there!

Thank you for your time!

You should definitely check out the SoundMAGIC E10C and the Beyerdynamic Byron. Those two are the kings in your price range, IMHO. Definitely worth reading about to see what you think. One other thing about isolation, there are third-party tip makers that can give you a better, tighter fit. You might look into those as well. Comply is a good manufacturer. ---)

Couple of Chi Fi recommendations here.

Something like the Tennmak Piano (or Pro). Both of these sound very good with electronic music (I prefer the more energetic Piano), isolate well and are UIEM style. 

Also, maybe check the MEMT x5, small size, good isolation and awesome bass. Recessed mids. 

I have all above and the soundMAGIC e10 (not C) and I think both Tennmaks sound better. However my soundMAGICS are fairly old so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? 

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 8

The Beyerdynamics certainly have my attention.

Couple of Chi Fi recommendations here.

Something like the Tennmak Piano (or Pro). Both of these sound very good with electronic music (I prefer the more energetic Piano), isolate well and are UIEM style. 

Also, maybe check the MEMT x5, small size, good isolation and awesome bass. Recessed mids. 

I have all above and the soundMAGIC e10 (not C) and I think both Tennmaks sound better. However my soundMAGICS are fairly old so I'm not sure if that makes a difference? 

Advantage of the Pro over the Piano, for me at least, is that I can get the Pro on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back