Sub 35$ Canal-type earbuds
Dec 25, 2008 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

toocooljonty

New Head-Fier
First of all, a big hello to all the audiophiles here. I was directed to this forum by a friend after i nearly pi$$ed him off with all my doubts. :p

Now, i am getting a new phone in a week's time, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. I need to pair it with a good pair of canal-type earbuds, but i am afraid my budget is limited to 35$ or below. I already own a pair of EP-630's , which though are good, just don't sound that great.

I have come down to a few choices

SoundMagic PL-30 - 30$ Shipped and a free Amp
Sennheiser CX-400 Black - 30$ Shipped

which of the above would be a better choice ? Are there any other better options ? I require something with a thumping bass, but clarity should also not be compromised too much. Sorry about the layman terms, but i am not too much of an audiophile :p

Thanks

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 21
If you want bass, I recall some of the sub $50 Sony's had good bass and were very thumping but it was pretty muddy.

I'm not a big fan of the CX series even though I have two of them.

In your case, I know it's not in ear but the best deal would be to get a KSC75 + Fiio E3, that'll meet your budget, give you lots of bass, and it has really good SQ for the $.

edit: oh also maybe the JVC Marshmallow?

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 21
Actually i am already getting a good deal on the Sennheiser HD-205 for a little extra with the phone. But i am getting some cash rebate as buyback for them as i need something in-ear only.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 21
You also have those Marshmallows. Cheap, Bass heavy and they're alright.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 21
For $15 more, I think then that the NUFORCE NE-7M is extremely worth it. It's the current golden child and giant killer of this forum and I'm extremely satisfied with them.

If your phone has a standard 3.5mm jack, the inline mic and remote may also work on your phone.

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 21
Skip two meals at McDonalds and get the NE-7M, really doesn't make any sense to waste money on anything else at this price point. Do this even if you have to wait a few weeks to save up the funds.

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 21
lol. Well , am now having a look at the Nuforce ones. Look real tempting with the SQ as well as the added features. Will see if i can shell out a little more.
Any other options i can look at while i decide ?

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 21
I have a CX300 and CX400 and I think they're kinda crap compared to a NE-7M. I even actually prefer the sounds of the Sony EX-71 and 75 series to the CX, although I may be the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back