Sub-$250 Closed Headphones Recommendation
Aug 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ChrisP3

Previously known as slicerblade
I'm looking for a good pair of sub-$250 headphones. I sadly lost my ATH-m50x at a hotel. I contacted them and they are on the search for my beloved pair of headphones but for now I'm searching for an alternative.

I listen to quite a wide variety of music really. There's hiphop (Nujabes), EDM, rock, older music (Ink Spots, Sinatra), rap, pop, and classical. So I guess I'm looking for a good all-rounder.

So far I've stumbled upon the ATH-MSR7, ATH-A900x, and my ATH-m50x. You can see I'm pretty ignorant of headphones in general so any recommendation is welcome.

Before I get asked about why it has to be closed, I'll elaborate. I live with roommates who like their own genres of music so most of the time we all wear headphones as to not bother each other. It would be really hard to listen to music if everyones' headphones were leaking into each others'.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Virtually any headphone maker has a closed-back design. There are so many of them. You have to start by the process of elimination. Figure out what 'sound signature' you prefer and cross out all the ones that don't belong to that category until you end up with a handful to choose from. Based on the headphones you already mentioned my guess is that you prefer a 'v' shape signature. That already eliminates a lot of headphones in your range. (Like Bose). Hope that's helpful.

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Go to a shop and try out different headphones in order to find out what sound signature you like. Could be that you like something different than M50x more. Then come back to us 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back