sub $200 USB DAC to go with DT800/600s and Crack amp
Oct 24, 2015 at 12:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vafan13

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

Just finished my Crack + Speedball, which is sounding great with my DT880/600s, and now I want to pick up a USB DAC so I don't have to go through my soundcard.  I'm looking at picking up a revB ODAC but not sure if there might be a better choice under $200 (or at least close to $200).  Any help would be appreciated!

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 7
Good find.  How does the II+ compare to the ODAC?  Is it worth the extra $45-55*?  I could only find comparisons between the ODAC and the non-plus version, which seemed to favor the ODAC.

*vs ODAC w/RCAs

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 7
ODAC and the HRT are the 2 that immediately come to mind.  Haven't heard the HRT personally but I picked up an ODAC revB from JDS Labs a few weeks ago as I enjoy a more neutral/analytical signature and the consensus seems to be that that is exactly what the ODAC provides.  It certainly didn't disappoint with my HD600s...very clean and open sound, very neutral to my ears.  In my opinion, all I could ask from a DAC.  Just my $0.02

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #6 of 7
  Good find.  How does the II+ compare to the ODAC?  Is it worth the extra $45-55*?  I could only find comparisons between the ODAC and the non-plus version, which seemed to favor the ODAC.

*vs ODAC w/RCAs

Depends on who you talk to. Many people love the HRTs. I have a II standard and it's wonderful. Warm though, what a lot of people call 'analog sounding'. The II+ is supposed to be better in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back