Sub $200 Hip hop headphones
Mar 12, 2016 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Klitschko

New Head-Fier
Hello, 

I am looking for some sub $200 (Roughly $250AUD) Headphones for hip-hip/rap, things like e-Dubble - the grey and DMX - X gon' give it to ya so a nice heavy, thumping bass would be nice. I am planning to use these on the bus so thing that i would like are: 

Portability
Durability
Noise Isolation/Cancellation
Carry Case (not a must but preferable)

I am not looking to buy an amp or anything like that at this stage and I am driving it using an iPhone 5 and occasionally my laptop. 

Things I am considering:

Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Audio Technica ATH-PRO700Mk2

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro/DT770

M-Audio Studiophile Q40

Any other suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated 
beyersmile.png

Thanks in advance.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Beyer DT770i--the new 16 ohm version of the 770, available only at Guitar Center, Should be quite comfortable and have good bass extension, assuming it is like its big brothers.  It could work potentially.
SoundMAGIC HP150--more neutral, great soundstage, but still with slight u shape. Also could work.
AKG K545--the most portable of the K5xx series, also with good bass extension. Could be over budget, depending on current pricing,

A couple of ideas, FWIW. Good luck.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 4

Beyer DT770i--the new 16 ohm version of the 770, available only at Guitar Center, Should be quite comfortable and have good bass extension, assuming it is like its big brothers.  It could work potentially.
SoundMAGIC HP150--more neutral, great soundstage, but still with slight u shape. Also could work.
AKG K545--the most portable of the K5xx series, also with good bass extension. Could be over budget, depending on current pricing,

A couple of ideas, FWIW. Good luck.

Thanks serman005 I'll look into those

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaSliX3e7LA

youre more likely to enjoy these than 770s,which I used to own.I did not find their bass to be "basshead" levels and the highs were seriously piercing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back