Sub $200 Amp/Dac
Dec 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BaniLoki

New Head-Fier
I know this question has been asked countless times now. I always see 2 responses the O2+ODAC or the Schiit Stack. Just looking the O2+ODAC is out of my price range ($275 everywhere i look) and the Schiit stack may be hard for me to use every day

I am new to all this and just bought the AKG K7XX off massdrop. I got to listen to the the K701 on a O2+ODAC and they sounded great so i decided to buy the AKG K7XX. I have never owned any headphones with more then a 32ohm impedance, i never need an amp or dac. I listen to mainly 320 bit mp3 so i am not sure that a dac will even help. I mainly use my Lenovo U530 touch as my daily computer. The headphone jack sounds good and i have never had any noise on any of my headphones. 

I will use the amp/dac at home and work everyday. Because i have to bring it to work and home with me everyday i don't feel the Schiit Stack would be a good option. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 6
Will you only listen at your desks at home and work, or mobile?

I'm wondering something similar on my end. Ideally something battery powered would be nice for more mobile use as well, so I'm interested in this solution.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Schiit did just reease the $79 Fulla. I haven't seen too many reviews, and orders are currnetly hung up in a production glitch, but it might fit the bill. It's a DAC/Amp combo that is USB powered. If you need portability, it is definitely worth checking out.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 6
I will look into the Schiit Fulla. I been told Schiit makes good products.
I was also wondering if a Dac will even help with 320 bit mp3 files. If not I might just buy the O2 dac without the dac or maybe the JDS C5 amp
Also looking at the The Audioengine D1
Any suggestions will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back