sub $150~ over the ear for someone with a large head and ears?
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

phoenix777

New Head-Fier
need some help with my on-going struggle for over the ear headphones, I've tried many over the years and kinda just gave up and turned to IEMs instead, think it's time for me to give it another shot. The most recent one I bought then sold was DT770, I sold it because it was uncomfortable to wear over long period of time.

I have a rather large head, and my ears are pretty big too, it's long vertically and pops out (?) a lot. The DT770 pressed against the top of my ear which made it uncomfortable to wear. I need a headset that has large(especially vertically) and deep ear cups, also has to be fairly light. as for the usage, I will use it mostly for listening to music with some gaming, not very picky about the sound quality as long as it has decent bass, willing to sacrifice sound for comfort. price range anything under 150, the cheaper the bettter. thanks!

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #3 of 4
I would say K550 but the ear pads are pretty shallow and your ear will touch the inside of them if you don't mod them.  I know some people put Audeze pads on them and that'd probably do the trick for you but the pads aren't exactly cheap (~$80 usd)

You might want to look into Audiotechnica stuff.  I know the AD700-AD900/x are massive but I'm not sure how they fair with huge ears.

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 4
Are you looking for closed this time? Or open headphones?

K550 do have big cups. They work fine on my XXL sized head :) Not bass heavy, though, like the DT770s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back