Sub-$150 DJ (and general music listening) Headphones - M50 Perhaps?
Feb 9, 2012 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zzbloopzz

Head-Fier
Hello,

It is my good friend's birthday coming up next week. I want to get him a decent pair of headphones for under $150. I am fine with buying used.

His Uses:

He DJ's/mixes music on almost the daily basis at nights. All kinds of genres but mainly house, electro, trance & raggaeton. He also enjoys listening to ALL genres. I know he will never use an amp, and his source will be his mac laptop and iPhone. He listens to some FLAC but mostly MP3's. Thus a headphone that is pretty forgiving with lower bitrates would be nice. I have been thinking about the M50's especially with the rep they have on these forums and also like how they are foldable. Hopefully they are pretty durable too? My friend tends to be clumsy and drops/kicks stuff all the time.
L3000.gif

I appreciate any feedback!

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

This is pretty much the one time I would recommend the M50. It's a very durable headphone, a tank, and it is great for DJ purposes and folds and swivels more than other headphones, while still being an absolute tank. So yes, that's a good choice for actual DJing. If it's for sitting at home and mixing, well, no, there are other headphones.

Some alternatives:

Koss DJ100
AKG K181DJ
Technics RP-DJ1200A
Ultrasone DJ1
Shure SRH750 DJ
Beyer DT770 PRO

Very best,

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 3
audio technica pro700mk2, is use these to dj and love them because of the bass they put out. Making it easy for me to hear and feel the beat and mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back