Sub $100 DAC to pair with BA IEMs?
Apr 22, 2014 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BestEarCN

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, 
I am looking for a Sub $100 DAC to pair with BA IEMs, replacing my ****ty laptop audio.
I found the hifimediy u2 on the forum, unfortunately it has a high output impedance accordingly, and it is not good for BAs.
Anything to recommend? Better if it is portable and works with phones too.

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

You should consider Fiio E07K and E17.

Best Luck!

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 7
Agreed with Fiio E07k. Significant upgrade over on-board computer/laptop DAC. Plus it has a relatively low impedance output good for most IEMs.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 7
The e18 also look good on their website, honestly it is pricey that I could totally get a dragonfly with that money. Downside is that DF doesn't seem to work with android phones. 
But I am worried about the battery thing on them, does it mean that I need two usb connection to use them as dac and charge them at the same time?

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 7
  The e18 also look good on their website, honestly it is pricey that I could totally get a dragonfly with that money. Downside is that DF doesn't seem to work with android phones. 
But I am worried about the battery thing on them, does it mean that I need two usb connection to use them as dac and charge them at the same time?

Nope, when you are using it as a DAC via USB it charges the unit as well.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 7

Problem solved:

http://fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=100000140745132&page=1

According to this fiio website, "the new version E18 Rev.B (Items sent out after Dec 20th, 2013),  when the function switch is in the PC IN position, the E18 may be connected to a computer for USB audio decoding and be charged at the same time."

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back