stylish home cd players
Jan 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
anyone have pics of those stylish cd players? the ones with the sliding trays and glass covers... i have no idea what they are called or if they even had a special name, but i always wanted one. (i feel like such a n00b.)

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RHMMMM
I think you might be talking about Bang & Olufsen:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw1547.asp

the beosound 9000 is a good example of what i'm referring to... anyone else has any other makes and models?

Jan 23, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 15
The beosound 9000 is ridiculously expensive. If you could afford one I say go for it.

Jan 23, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #6 of 15
Anyone heard one of those? I'm thinking the price is probably 90% looks, 10% performance. I wonder if they would let me bring the dac1 into the store to ab with it, I'm guessing no.

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 15
my friend's got the beosystem 2 dvd/plasma setup with two wall mounted speakers. i watched a movie on it, but it was being used more as background noise than anything else. the sound surely wasn't being fully utilized, but it certainly didn't knock me off my feet. I suspect the bose effect, but there were a bunch of electronics behind the wall and podium unit, an amp i'm assuming (the light was off), so it may yet have potential, i'm not sure.

in sum, i don't know.

Jan 25, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 15
I've auditioned B&O stuff a few times... both with friends and at their stores... My impression is that they sound good. Possibly even very good. But are a pretty bad value for the money.

If all you want is a stylish player, quite a few lower-end manufacturers make B&O knock offs. No idea how good they are but I'm pretty sure that I've seen one from TEAC that looks pretty similar. (Probably sounds bad though!)

Jan 25, 2005 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
drewl

drewl more

EDIT: not exactly the kind you're after

i shall be personally heading over to china in a few months and picking up a few of these babies
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #12 of 15
my original reason for posting this was to find one of those tabletop cd players that switch cds on a horizontal plane..

something like the B&O is what i'm looking for, but it's really just for a conversation piece and to match the decor of the room it's intended for... so the price is a little 'out there'.

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75
my original reason for posting this was to find one of those tabletop cd players that switch cds on a horizontal plane..

something like the B&O is what i'm looking for, but it's really just for a conversation piece and to match the decor of the room it's intended for... so the price is a little 'out there'.

Ooopies!! Sorry about that, the Qualia cd player has a sliding glass cover and looks 'pimpin', maybe you could check one of those out?

Jan 25, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 15
no worries!! haha.. it's not to say that what you all brought to my attention wasn't friggin' cool!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #15 of 15
Does anyone else not like the B&O stuff? It looks very gimicky (and dare I say, cheap) to me. I know it's very expensive, but it doesn't look like a quality product the way the other hi-fi CD players look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back