Stylish Headphones?
Apr 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

th3bl0b

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm trying to think of some stylish headphones to give to someone for their birthday. My budget is sub 100. Something decent as far as sound quality (who wants their loved ones to have crappy sound quality), comfortable and stylish. I'm looking for some circumaural ones or the ones that just go right over, but nothing too small. It'd probably be paired with just a standard ipod.

Something along the lines of these... http://wesc.com/stuff/2605... but if you do know of some/think of some, let me know. I'm not sure if those are any good actually...

Thanks,
th3bl0b

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 14
Audio-Technica ES7. You can get them at J&R for like $60 or $70. They don't sound too bad either.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-Technica ES7. You can get them at J&R for like $60 or $70. They don't sound too bad either.

X2, they're indeed stylish and it'll attract a lot of attention as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 14
I do like the look of AKG headphones. The wire/self-adjusting headbands have a nice retro quality to them.

I heard good things about the K 271 closed-back phones. They're $179 from Headroom though, which is above your budget.

AKG K 271 MK II - Full Size Headphones | HeadRoom Audio

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 14
ES7. Some of the typical product photos don't do them justice. See here. Great synergy with the 1st gen Shuffle and decent with iPods in general. When plugged into my Audio-Technica rig their capability is pretty astounding.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aflac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i dont think j&r carry them anymore

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
especially because the link he provided has fake portapros on there! nice!

my vote is for the ES7

I don't know where you're getting that, those are definitely the real deal. The ES7 are awesome looking though.

To the OP: please, please, PLEASE don't buy Wesc. We don't need somebody else feeding into the seeping ulcer that is crap audio.

I personally like the look of the JVC Black series:

"Black Series" headphones - HA-M750

Or

"Black Series" headphones - HA-S650

Good luck buying.

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 14
i like how WESC totally ripped off the portapro styling

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #14 of 14
Cool, cool. Thanks for all responding to me. After looking into it, perhaps the WESC's aren't the best phones to get (although I have heard they have drivers from Sennheisers - can anyone confirm/disprove this?). I'll let you guys know what other things I come across in my search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back