STX Drivers being an attention whore
May 6, 2010 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Trysaeder

1000+ Head-Fier
So I installed the STX vista drivers for my x64 windows 7, and it all goes well until after I restart. When everything has loaded, I open foobar excitedly hoping to hear my new sound card. Nothing will open other than x64 programs like internet explorer. MSN has worked a few times, skype has worked a few times, explorer is fine. Nothing will open. When I click a program the icon highlights, and I sit closer to the screen, then it goes back to normal, a bigger let down than not being able to get it up when you need it. I've tried disabling the Realtek onboard sound, tried the different drivers (xp and vista) and ran into something funny. When I tried the vista driver, it went o:/xxxx/xxxx//xp/setup.exe is not found. When I tried the xp driver, it went o:/xxxx/xxxx//vista/setup.exe is not found. So I tried to move the setups.exe to their corresponding folder, and they both work. However they still make all other programs disabled once installed. I don't even have to restart my computer for it to stop. Anyone else experience this?

May 6, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 3
So, why didn't you download the Win7 drivers from the ASUS website?

If the problem persists past uninstalling the Vista drivers, and using the CORRECT ones, System Restore to before you started installing drivers.  <_<

May 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 3
1) Make sure you plugged in the extra power cable on your STX.
2) Use the official drivers from the Asus website.

If things still don't work, then maybe you are having other hardware problems or your OS install is borked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back