Stupid vinyl question...
Nov 8, 2004 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cyrix_2k

100+ Head-Fier
Is it okay to start in the middle of a track? Or will that leave a "pop"/"click" there?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 7
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Good question. Never thought about it since I never feel the need to start a song at the middle !!! But, sometimes I can't get the needle to the start of a song somewherte inside the LP and I hit some part of the previous song...Never have a problem though.

Just be carefull when lowering the cartridge.

Jose.

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 7
It probably depends on your cartridge set-up.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, if you must I would at least start at the beginning of the desired track rather than in the middle of it.

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't believe I have experienced that problem but I can't say I considered it a possibility. Hopefully, someone will have the answer. I am pretty sure that I have some new vinyl that I have stopped in the middle of the track, lifted the arm, then put it down to start again without a problem

Nov 8, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 7
I wanted to know because I was testing for distortion that occurs in a particular spot in a 10 minute long track. I've been letting it play completely through, though I'd love to just start at the problem spot if it was safe.

Nov 10, 2004 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 7
If you have a well adjusted cueing device, it is no problem. If you are lowering the tonearm by hand, you'll need to be very careful whether you are at the start of a section or not!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back