Stupid question: path for EQ'd digital signal from computer to wireless streamer
Feb 24, 2023 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HeyWaj10

100+ Head-Fier
I think I've analysis paralysis'd my way to being dumb, so I have to ask in simplifying this for myself.

Goal: PC/Mac with software EQ'd digital signal --> Wireless streaming device --> DAC --> HP Amp

Aside from Roon, which has the built-in PEQ capabilities and can wirelessly link to a Roon-ready device, how else does this pathway get achieved? If for example, I had a Mac computer with system-wide EQ applied, and using, say, TIDAL as my streaming service. The Mac is across the room. The streaming device (for example, a Wiim Pro) is on the other side of the room tied into my DAC/HP amp. What is the pathway to get the EQ'd digital signal from the Mac to the Wiim Pro? Does the Wiim Pro simply "see" the Mac as the source (from which the fully EQ'd signal is integrated in that wireless connection)? Or am I missing something here? I've only ever hard-wired a computer-based system into my audio chain, so the wireless streaming piece just throws a monkey wrench into my understanding. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back