Stupid laws and tax dollars well spent
Jul 11, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I knew about the Wisconsin Margarine law but the others are news to me.

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 8
LOL
biggrin.gif
Its illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while commiting murder
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
hahaha

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

LAW: A man may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming he will marry her.
CITATION: 97-29-55 Seduction of female over age of eighteen by promised or pretended marriage.
ACTUAL: If any person shall obtain carnal knowledge of any woman, or female child, over the age of eighteen years, of previous chaste character, by virtue of any feigned or pretended marriage or any false or feigned promise of marriage, he shall, upon conviction, be imprisoned in the penitentiary not more than five years; but the testimony of the female seduced, alone, shall not be sufficient to warrant a conviction.

Wow, I would have gone to jail for breaking this law during college <cough>!
eek.gif
eggosmile.gif

Jul 11, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 8
No seaweed
confused.gif

means no homemade sushi

grrrrrr...

Jul 11, 2004 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

LAW: There is a one-dollar fine for every instance of public drunkenness and/or swearing.
CITATION: §61-8-15. Profane swearing and drunkenness; penalty.
ACTUAL: If any person arrived at the age of discretion profanely curse or swear or get drunk in public, he shall be fined by a justice one dollar for each offense.

LOL, if I lived in West Virginia, I'd owe Jude a couple dollars.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Jul 11, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 8
The Wisconsin Law makes sense since it is a DAIRY state. Butter & Cheese State. What, you never saw a Green Bay game where the spectators wear cheese heads?

Native Wisconsin women have the fairest skin, they are truly beautiful.

Jul 12, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 8
The city in New Mexico where I went to college had an old law on the books stating that it is illegal to carry a lunchbox down main street. No one seemed to have any idea why that was enough of a problem to be illegal, but it stayed on the books
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back