Stunning RKV MKII mod experience
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #91 of 93
Let's see if this pic works. If you look down at the board level near the tubes, there are a pair of 1" circuit boards with little discrete components on them. That's the Sparkos.

IMG_3858.jpg

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #92 of 93
Well, I still have my old one around. I had considered moving these Sparkos to that one to see how that sounds and getting the even fancier ones for this new variation.

However - just as a sanity check, I spent a lot of time looking at the differences between the two boards when I got this new one. You can see it's very similar, just the channels have been moved around.
So for you and anyone else reading this - Sparkos SS3601 are not plug-and-play with the older version of RKV MKII. I am just getting hum in both channels. I reached out to Sparkos directly to see if he has ideas on retrofitting, but sadly will likely just return the op apms.

Apr 2, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #93 of 93
So for you and anyone else reading this - Sparkos SS3601 are not plug-and-play with the older version of RKV MKII. I am just getting hum in both channels. I reached out to Sparkos directly to see if he has ideas on retrofitting, but sadly will likely just return the op apms.
That sucks! I just got the 2590's in and was planning to try shifting things around. Sorry to hear it didn't work on yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back