stunning new picture of the 4th gen ipod...
Jul 25, 2004 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

toaster

Headphoneus Supremus
i don't know if this warrants it's own thread, but the 4th gen ipod, (out last monday 7/19) is sure to be a hot topic in the days and weeks to come.

after the third gen came out, i couldn't believe it was thinner than the second gen ipod. suprisingly enough, the fourth gen ipod is even skinnier, the same thickness as the mini!

very, very impressive.

i'm definitely looking forward to checking this thing out...

left to right in pic (mini, 4th gen, 3rd gen, 1/2 gen)

*the text must be copied and pasted

www.spymac.com/upload/gallery/f_1/user_10211/upload_203637.jpg

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 13
LOL.. dude.. you're a little late on this..

Not only it came out, some of us already got one... yours truly included
smily_headphones1.gif

I already ran through some test of it and reviewed it as well.. it's in the iPodStudio forums.

Oh yeah, if you looked in the Portable forum here on Head-Fi, there's plenty of coverage too.

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 13
really?

i guess i just missed all that.

i guess i shoulda known you would have one already lindrone, i don't know WHAT i was thinking, heh.

anyway, if you want to check out the pic, enjoy. if you wanna laugh at me, feel free to do so.

it'll be in my hands by the end of the week.

one of these days lindrone you WILL NOT be the first to get something new
icon10.gif

oh, the portable forum, people actually go there?

Jul 25, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 13
Oh yeah, the picture is a little misleading too... I think in the picture it had a 3rd gen 30/40GB next to a 4th gen 20GB... the 4th gen only slightly smaller than 3rd gen at the same storage size.

The 4th gen 40GB is between the thickness of the 3rd gen 20GB & 40GB... and the 4th gen 20GB is slightly thinner than the 3rd gen 20GB... Hope you're not all confused now.

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 13
The 4G 20GB is 1mm thinner than the 3G 20GB. And the 4G 40GB is 1mm thinner than the 4G 40GB.

I have seen some photos on the web recently that have a 4G 20GB and a 3G 40GB side by side showing the thickness. Then they state that the new iPod is so much thinner! I would just like to point out that this is VERY misleading. They have only reduced the thickness by one millimeter. That is not nearly as dramatic as what you see in the photos.

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 13
I've compared my friend's 3g 40GB and my 4g 40GB... I don't know how this happens.. I know they're only claiming a 1mm decrease in size.. but when I laid them down side-by-side, there's clearly more than 1mm of difference in thickness. It's not dramatic, but it is certainly not something as small as 1mm.

Jul 25, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 13
weird, judging from that picture, that's a BIG 1mm...

man, this is awesome!
maybe it's time to get one

edit: haha, maybe they measured it with a case on
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

the 4th gen 40GB is just a little bit thinner.

Nice,

Still, I don't see enough there to tempt me from my 3G. As has been said elsewhere I think this is aimed more at newcomers or older gen iPod owners.

Roll on the 5G
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back