Stumptown meet: - Annual Portland Oregon meet (09/05/2009)
Sep 4, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #106 of 120
Looks like there's going to be some great gear at the meet! I'd try come down but I only have my HD650s here with me in college. My ATH-ES7s should be here soon too but public transportation in Portland = me completely and utterly lost.
tongue.gif
Hopefully I'll be able to make it down to a meet in the future.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #108 of 120
A couple if logistics questions,

What time can we start setting up ?

What power considerations do we need to account for? (ie: cords,power strips etc.

Any stairs to contend with ?

Any shortage of tables or chairs?

Judging from the pictures at the last meet, there looks to be plenty of room.

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #109 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple if logistics questions,

What time can we start setting up ?

Andrew can best answer that. I am planning on being there at 10 in the morning if not sooner.

Quote:

What power considerations do we need to account for? (ie: cords,power strips etc.

Bring your own IEC power cords. Extension power strips as well.
Quote:

Any stairs to contend with ?

Yes there are, but there is an elevator that we can use to move the euiqpment to the staging area.
Quote:

Any shortage of tables or chairs?

Don't suppose there will be...Plenty of table space for sure considering previous meet sizes. I believe there were about 10-11 tables that were available to use to display gear.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #110 of 120
Thanks for the update. My son Danny is coming with and he loves to take pictures with his digital camera ( my camera actually, but we all know how that goes). feel free to ask him to take specific PICs of gear you may want to see in the impressions thread.

Sep 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #111 of 120
We don't get the room until 11am. And it's not like there's really any "setup time" before that, as everybody coming (nearly) needs to set up. Typically they might let us start 15-20 mins early to get the tables set up (if they haven't done it for us already), but that's about all the early setup that can be done.

The room is pretty good for having power available, but it's never a bad idea to bring a 12-ft extension cable and extra power strip or 2.

If you're driving, it's good to park in the lot that is entered from their driveway. They validate for a couple hours, and the rate after that will be reduced as well, I believe.

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #113 of 120
I suppose I'll come around 12 - 1. I've never been to a meet or anything like this before, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I'm also not much of a headphone listener, really the only nice headphones I've listened to are my SR-60s, which I'll take along if anyone hasn't had the chance to listen to one before. Is it a good idea to bring a CD with some tracks for listening? I'll definitely bring my mp3 player. My dad is going to be coming along, too. He knows very little about headphones and sound, just what sounds good.

See you guys there

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #114 of 120
Got a project due that's not done. So need to work. Sorry for the late notice. Later,
Trees

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #115 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like there's going to be some great gear at the meet! I'd try come down but I only have my HD650s here with me in college. My ATH-ES7s should be here soon too but public transportation in Portland = me completely and utterly lost.
tongue.gif
Hopefully I'll be able to make it down to a meet in the future.

For this place it's really easy, it's just a couple blocks from the streetcar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #116 of 120
FWIW, what I have packed up:

SRM006t/SR-404
K701
K81DJ
Presonus CS
Onix XCD-88

Pretty much what I normally bring
wink.gif

Unfortunately I left my Pico DAC at work, so I don't have that.
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #120 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For this place it's really easy, it's just a couple blocks from the streetcar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Doh! Wish I had seen this earlier, looked like an awesome meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back