Stumptown meet: - Annual Portland Oregon meet (09/05/2009)
Sep 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #91 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bah, I think you should move this meet to London
ksc75smile.gif

:'(

Works for me! We just need to figure out how to get Yogi to buy us all airfare, instead of making that down payment on a silly old house...

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #92 of 120
I'll probably drive up from Salem, but my equipment is pretty common: EF1, HD595, HD650, IAUDIO7. Worth hauling some of it up?

Also, have ordered the HF-2s and will be upgrading to HD800s and a new amp. Would it be appropriate to put "For Sale" stickers on a few items? Don't want to offend anyone.

Thanks,
Trees

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #93 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably drive up from Salem, but my equipment is pretty common: EF1, HD595, HD650, IAUDIO7. Worth hauling some of it up?

Also, have ordered the HF-2s and will be upgrading to HD800s and a new amp. Would it be appropriate to put "For Sale" stickers on a few items? Don't want to offend anyone.

Thanks,
Trees

Yes, and yes

There's nothing wrong with bartering at meets, that's part of the charm sometimes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #94 of 120
I have a Marantz DV6001 DVD/SACD player arriving tomorrow so we have one more source to work with. and a stock pair of Pioneers SE305's to match A&B against my modded ones., Another HeadDirect EF2 with some TungSo and Mullard Tubes burned in. and Victor FX500 "Woodie" Iem's. I too will have a couple of things with "For Sale" signs on them. I made up some name tags with the names of the listed attendees and sponsors as well as some " Guest" tags. just to the heck of it since I got my new laminator.

Sep 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #97 of 120
OK. Thanks for the response. I'm in.

I'll bring up my portable workout unit (HD595 and IAUDIO7 with some FLAC files; yup, looks goofy during a run or in the weight room but good synergy and sounds better to me then IEMs), an EF1 with the RCA cleartop, stock hd650s, and my Cambridge Audio 640C CD Player. And everything except the HD595 and IAUDIO7 is for sale.

Would bring my HF-2s, but they have not been shipped yet.

Trees (Gary)

Sep 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #98 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK. Thanks for the response. I'm in.

I'll bring up my portable workout unit (HD595 and IAUDIO7 with some FLAC files; yup, looks goofy during a run or in the weight room but good synergy and sounds better to me then IEMs)

Wow, you gotta respect that. That's hard core.

Sep 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #99 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumguy21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might come just to check out some equipment, I don't really have anything to contribute, though unless you want to listen to some SR-60s.

As strange as it sounds, I have only heard the GS1000's previous and did not like them, but they turned out to have defective drivers so It may not have been a fair audition.
I would like to hear your SR60's. so bring them along.. I know it can be intimidating with all the high end Stax and other "Uber" audio at the meets but it's alo a place for us poor audiophiles to hear some budget stuff.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #100 of 120
My off then on appearance is now off again. I'm not going to be able to make it. A last minute unicycling ride got scheduled for the weekend up in Vancouver Canada. Whee! Unicycling is the one activity that takes precedence over headphone meets. My audio-fu is week. At least Ken has a better excuse than I do.

Bummer, cause there will be some headphones and earphones there that I wanted to get a chance to listen to. Oh well, there will be another meet.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #102 of 120
This might be asking alot but thought it might be worth a try:
Does anyone have an extra amp that they could loan me until the 20th? I'll be at the meet but unfortunately I can't seem to find my Gilmore Lite while coming up here from LA. It might be in my car or lost forever. Anyhow, if anyone is generous enough to lend me any amp, that would be awesome- I can even write a review about it here on head-fi if you'd like!

I have good feedback so you can trust I will bring it back to you in the same shape that you lent it to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #103 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This might be asking alot but thought it might be worth a try:
Does anyone have an extra amp that they could loan me until the 20th? I'll be at the meet but unfortunately I can't seem to find my Gilmore Lite while coming up here from LA. It might be in my car or lost forever. Anyhow, if anyone is generous enough to lend me any amp, that would be awesome- I can even write a review about it here on head-fi if you'd like!

I have good feedback so you can trust I will bring it back to you in the same shape that you lent it to me
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a CKKIII I've decommissioned, but not gotten around to selling yet...

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #104 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My off then on appearance is now off again. I'm not going to be able to make it. A last minute unicycling ride got scheduled for the weekend up in Vancouver Canada. Whee! Unicycling is the one activity that takes precedence over headphone meets. My audio-fu is week. At least Ken has a better excuse than I do.

Bummer, cause there will be some headphones and earphones there that I wanted to get a chance to listen to. Oh well, there will be another meet.

AWW
frown.gif
. Oh well, it looks like someone else is bringing the 650's anyway. I guess i'll bring my D2000's as well for any that want to try them. I'm very curious to see what they sound like amp/dac'd cause I haven't heard them like that yet!

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #105 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AWW
frown.gif
. Oh well, it looks like someone else is bringing the 650's anyway. I guess i'll bring my D2000's as well for any that want to try them. I'm very curious to see what they sound like amp/dac'd cause I haven't heard them like that yet!

I'll get my punishment for skipping out on a meet. It is almost certainly going to rain on me. So I'll be riding a unicycle through the woods in the rain on wet logs. When instead I could be in a nice dry room listening to some wonderful headphones. My priorities are whack.

The Denons do perk up with proper amplification. You're gonna like what you hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back