Studio/Monitoring phones..
May 27, 2005 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lvangundy

New Head-Fier
Hello all! New here.

Before I jump straight into a post titled "What are the best headphones for studio work?" (LOL - I know how forums go..) I'd like to know if anyone is doing any type of audio mastering/editing for pop/R&B/hip-hop music?

May 27, 2005 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 5
no but i work on a lot of house/breaks/broken stuff with my k240s and ultrasones
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 5
I've been helping a friend master & edit some of the trickiest electronic noise-music I’ve ever heard. He’s constantly pushing the limits of “listenability.” The only satisfactory results I’ve achieved have been with my HD280’s- and we’ve tried everything.
The actual work has been done with the Senn’s and then followed by “previewing” with MS-1’s. The results have been better than I ever though would be possible for home recording.
Since I've been using this can combination, run-of-the-mill pop/hip-hop mastering has been effortless. I'm able to get exactly the sound I'm after by switching back-and-forth between the two phones.

May 27, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #4 of 5
I've done electronica bits here and there I've only used the k501s which made the job easy due to soundstage size with instrument separation- con is its not closed. If I was serious I would pick up the hd25 without hesitation however.

May 27, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Sony V6/7506. The perfect studio monitoring headphone. It's used quite often in studio's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back