Studio/Monitor Headphones? :::
May 28, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #31 of 35
And not only that (about the Sennheiser 580 or 600), but open cans can leak their own sound into the microphones (if microphones were to be used in a studio monitoring/recording/dubbing environment), thus potentially ********* up the finished product (recording). And mixing/editing sometimes involves the use of microphones, too - a process called overdubbing.

May 29, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #32 of 35
I've gotta toss my vote in here for the Sony V6. While the sound of the V6 can almost border on 'clinical', that detail can often help to pinpoint errors that other 'phones might miss. For closed phones, they're also pretty comfy - and while I haven't tried the Beyer earpad modification, a lot of folks in here recommend giving it a try. One other factor for the V6 is that they're next to bulletproof. One of these days, I'm going to send in a picture of Randy's V6's. They look like he dragged 'em down a hundred miles of gravel road, but still sound great. It's the ONLY pair of headphones that have ever lasted him for more than one year.

- Lyle

Jun 11, 2002 at 7:44 AM Post #33 of 35
okay, sony 7506/v6, senn 280 pro, beyer 250-80/250.......

errrrrr
wink.gif

any word about audio technica headphones for studio purposes?

Jun 11, 2002 at 8:31 PM Post #34 of 35
I'd have to put my vote in for the 280. I had 7506s before, and I used them quite a bit for recording. At the time, they were (to my ears) the best thing going. But compared to the 280, they have too much bass, and the highs are not quite right. So I sold the Sonys on Ebay and got the 280s from Musician's Friend. I feel that I'm hearing more of what's going on, without the exadgerated highs and lows.

YMMV

-slidescanner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back