Students: Filler Paper or Notebooks
Sep 13, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #16 of 36
Notebooks all the way. I call them my anti-note-losing-devices. I'm not nearly organized enough to manage looseleaf paper and binders - I just throw the paper in the binder and ignore the rings and dividers, which results in a lot of lost notes. Always the ones I really, really need, too...

It is a hassle when the end of the year rolls around and I'm running out of paper, but at least I know where the notes I took at the beginning are.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #17 of 36
I use loose leaf because my lecture notes need to be in order, and I don't go to many classes, so my notes would jump around too much.

Loose leaf in a binder allows me to go back and stick notes in the appropriate date.

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #18 of 36
Notebook. Computer that is
smily_headphones1.gif
I used a mic to record lectures while doing other stuff (sometimes related to classwork
tongue.gif
). Of course, this is when I was in college. In HS, I never really took notes & truely couldn't care less at the time
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #19 of 36
Sep 13, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #23 of 36
Notebooks - Helps me keep everything organized and easy to find.

Sep 13, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #25 of 36
Nowadays I use large squared Moleskine notebooks to take meeting notes, but back when I was in college, I would use loose-leaf. Then again, it was so brutal i would go through a 250-sheet pack every 2 weeks or so. Later, I also summarized the notes into A5 bristol cards, the act of summarizing was an excellent was to reacquaint myself with the material and have quick study flashcards.

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #26 of 36
I use a laptop nowadays. Since we have wireless all over the campus it can also browse headfi when I'm in class( the boring ones!!!)

I find that a laptop is great, especialy in finance classes, the teacher uses excel all the time and we share documents all the time during class.

During high school I had a small notebook for each course.

Sep 13, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #27 of 36
Always have preferred notebooks - and I used to keep notes on all courses on one notebook. Would then go home and add comments to the lecture notes. This way I only needed to carry one notebook per term, and I would always have all the material on hand. So say if a friend was late for dinner, I could whip out the notebook and basically look at any info. Loose leaf is too messy and it used often the holes normally tear.

At work, I still use notebooks. But now I prefer them smaller is size - so I use good quality Japanese B5 size notebooks. Japanese notebooks have superior binding and top quality paper - perfect for rolling ball pens because the ink does not smudge.

I also have a plastic interchangable cover for the notebooks with a ziplock pocket on the front. Very useful for storing small pieces of notes, business cards, receipts and bills.

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #28 of 36
notebooks. they keep everything bound nicely. and when the class is over, you have everything bound together for easy waste disposal or storage.

filler paper is a hassle for me because those 3-ring binder rings usually don't close perfectly after a while.

Sep 13, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #29 of 36
i use my laptop

what type of barbarian would use a carbon based writing system? what century do you think we're in?
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
i use my laptop

what type of barbarian would use a carbon based writing system? what century do you think we're in?

Where I work (and I think it's a typical workplace), if you brought a laptop into a work meeting and started banging away on that to take notes, you would:
1) be the only one in a large room doing so;
2) be asked to cease and desist by the meeting leader.

It's disruptive.

Use a Moleskine, if it's something worth writing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back