STUCK Shure e3cs
Feb 18, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #16 of 20
I recently bought a pair of E2c's and had the same problem. Turned out I wasn't inserting them deep enough -- when I inserted them wrong the driver wasn't directing the music into my eardrum, but into the walls of my ear. Have you tried pulling on the top of your ear while inserting them? I've found that this makes a deep insertion much easier. Also, try the foams. If you have them in correctly, you should be able to see a small indentation making a slight curve in the foam when you take them out.

Feb 18, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #17 of 20
the e3g do have the green wax guard, it doesn't look removable and not mentioned in the instructions, and it shouldn't be an issue cuz its pretty clean in there. and as for the foamies, i ditched em cuz they don't expand and stay compressed for hours. but i'm sure i get deep enough and the sound shouldn't be muffled cuz i'm using the triflanges

as for duncan's advice, i'll try it. i have not been able to use the shure e3g exclusively for a week because i use my cheapo mp3 player at skool with the cheapo earbuds they come with...which too sound more dynamic and detailed than the shures

hopefully, this week will turn me from
confused.gif
to
etysmile.gif
...but a shure version

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #18 of 20
In the shure book, it says e3cs do not use wax guards, only e2cs. I canot believe the e3cs are considered low end. So now my only choice is to get new buds. What are some good IEMS with good bass. I dont think I can afford e5cs. What about e4cs or any other. Do I also have a choice, of getting my Shures replaced by the warranty. I can now describe my music experience better, with these headphones, it sounds like someon is screaming in my ears, with no bass. I really need the bass, otherwise the treble makes my head hurt. So I can say I made a bad mistakes, these headphones are not for me.
Thanks

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #19 of 20
I can finally describe my problem and the sound. I am able to hear too much treble, sounds like someon is screaming in my ears, with no bass. After a while my head hurts.Sounds like the tweaker is working only, no bass. Could be bad a pair. Even If I turn of treble reducer or bass booster, in eg still doesnt sound right.
Thanks

Feb 20, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #20 of 20
elec999.

First off apologies, I can see where the confusion may be with me referring to the E3 now - I was saying that in a very general term rather than a specific one...

...I haven't personally heard the E3, yet I cannot believe that they are that bass light - I would envisage still maybe a sealing issue... If this is not the case, see if you can go to a meet to try out my recommendation to you in my PM (SF5P/EB) - That'll set you straight if bass is your thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back