Stuck in a pickle (Another dilemna concerning my Zen)
Feb 18, 2005 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

snukster

Head-Fier
Okay so I got my first Zen replaced 'cause it was stuck on rescue mode. They immediately sent me another one but DAMNIT it had a transparent plate! I contacted Amazon and they only offered to send me a refund (like AudioMagnet) so I tried emailing Creative to see if they'd replace it. They said that I should try my vendor (no luck) and if not, they would send me a RMA. Should I go through the whole process of waiting and stuff just 'cause of the faceplate? Considering I have light blue, it doesn't look so bad with a backlight surrounding almost the entire thing. I mean, I want it to be perfect but I'm sick of this. Should I just suck it up and keep it or fight to get a perfect player?

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #2 of 13
Fight it! Maybe when creative see's how many of these defective face plate micros come back through they will get their **** together.

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 13
im really starting to think that the transparent face plate thing is on purpose. it always happens in the same 4 or 5 colors. some guy made a post about all the colors that are transparent but i dont know where it was. i say stick it out if it doesnt look horrible
rolleyes.gif

ps. either way this is bull **** and creative needs to get their shi t together

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 13
I have seen the transparent face plate and, to me, it looks really bad when you compare it to the original that just lights up around the edges and buttons. I guess if you never saw what the original looks like, the full lighted plate wouldnt be that bad...but in contrast, thats where it just looks like dog crap in my humble (but always right) opinion.
icon10.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 13
but is a few more weeks worth the hassle when two months from now you look at you rmicro charging up and think to yourself "damn, that faceplate is fuggin ugly...I shoulda got a ipod". Doh the tragedy!

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
but is a few more weeks worth the hassle when two months from now you look at you rmicro charging up and think to yourself "damn, that faceplate is fuggin ugly...I shoulda got a ipod". Doh the tragedy!

replace ipod with a more reasonable answer IE: carbon or h10
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 13
Carbon I guess...I am not feeling that h10...

However, tragedy as in getting an ipod
orphsmile.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #10 of 13
Heavens no I'm not getting an iPod! Although I'm going to get teased by my sisters and brother-in-law (iPod worshippers rawr) for not keeping the 4g and admiring something that has given me soo many problems. Hopefully, it'll all be worth it in the end
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 18, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by snukster
Heavens no I'm not getting an iPod! Although I'm going to get teased by my sisters and brother-in-law (iPod worshippers rawr) for not keeping the 4g and admiring something that has given me soo many problems. Hopefully, it'll all be worth it in the end
smily_headphones1.gif

how do YOU feel about the faceplate? If you don't think it's that bad, then keep it. If you can't stand it, return it, but don't let the fact that others have such a problem with it determine what you do. I don't think it looks quite as good as the more opaque ones, but I don't think it's that bad either. It's easy for other people to tell you to return it, but you've gotta deal with the process and the lack of the player. why dont you post some pics of what the blue looks like?

Feb 18, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
replace ipod with a more reasonable answer IE: carbon or h10
tongue.gif

Hey man, are you trying to make ipod bashing your raison d'etre? I feel like 1 out of every 2 of your posts is ipod bashing. No offense intended, certainly, but you should be careful of coming off as an irrational zen touch fanboy/ipod hater. Like what you want and feel free to point out its advantages, etc. but chill out with the gratuitous backhanded slaps at people who choose a device other than the one you chose.

Feb 18, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Hey man, are you trying to make ipod bashing your raison d'etre? I feel like 1 out of every 2 of your posts is ipod bashing. No offense intended, certainly, but you should be careful of coming off as an irrational zen touch fanboy/ipod hater. Like what you want and feel free to point out its advantages, etc. but chill out with the gratuitous backhanded slaps at people who choose a device other than the one you chose.

I know that $hit is getting dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back