Stuck between a few IEMs, can you guys help me decide.
Nov 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mojoe24

New Head-Fier
So I've been looking for a decent pair of IEMs.  I'm on a budget, so I'm looking at value as well as sound quality.  Originally I was gonna pick up the Nuforce NE-700x for $65.  But when I started looking around more a few more popped up.  For $50 I can get a pair of refurbished Monster Turbines which seem like a good value and have good reviews.  Also there are the Brainwavz Beta which are about half the price of these but have amazing reviews as well.  Of those three which would you guys recommend?  Or should I be looking at something different.  I'll be listening to a lot of classical and acoustic with them, but I'll most likely occasionally listen to some hardcore as well.  Also, isolation is important as I'll be using them while studying.

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 5
The RE0(highely recommended if you like your music fully detailed) are very detailed in mids n highs with good bass response and they offers good isolation. Sony EX510 are also recommended because they are detailed, rich in tunes(instruments sound big on it) n serve eqaualy well acoustic n bass heavy genres music. BTW Turbine is good value but it's bassy and sound is rich n detailed with a average soundstage.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Any other suggestions?  I'm leaning towards the Betas, but I'm not entirely sure.  I really like the look of the Monster Turbine and Creative Aurvana 2 which are $56 shipped.  The reviews for all 3 are good, but I imagine the build quality of the Turbine and Aurvana would be much better.  Though I like the idea of the foam comply tips coming with the brainwavz.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 5
turbines supposedly have horrible quality so you will be using that warranty often, there are some people on head fi who have sent them back multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back