Stuck betwean 5 headphones
Nov 4, 2012 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

dobi93

New Head-Fier
Hi!

In the last week, I decided that it was time to get a pair of phones for both daily commuting AND usage on my PC (music, movies and games). Now, I've gotta mention that this would be my first purchase of brand headphones. What I curently own is a cheap over-ear no-name-brand chinese headset for PC, so basically whatever I buy would be better than what I have. Also, I've tried some phones through the years and I love the over-ear headphone design - I love their looks, love the way they feel on my head and love the general advantages of that design. :p

Also, I crossed-out the possibility of buying from amazon.co.uk or amazon.com because with shipping charges it gets way more expensive than buying the same thing from my country (Bulgaria).

After days and hours of reading reviews, reading headphone specs, checking prices (and comparing them with my budget), checking for avaibality in my country, I narrowed my list down to (I also include the price for the headphones in my country):

Sennheiser HD201 - $23.61
Sennheiser HD203 - $37.71
Koss UR40 - $48.03
Koss UR50 - $48.03
Koss UR55 - $48.03

What I listen to is pretty much everything, but MOSTLY hip-hop and heavy metal. Also I don't really like exagerated bass - I preffer clean sound with some emphasys and reverb on the bass, but not too much.

What I expect from any of these 5 headphones is:
- general structure durability, as well as durability in wet conditions (for example, using them while waiting for the bus in the winter);
- quality forgiveness (when at home, they will be plugged into the basic on-board sound card of my PC, and while outside I'll listen to them from my old Samsung phone WITHOUT an amp);
- easy to be driven;
- some bang for the buck.

So according to the above-mentioned headphones (and their prices) and my preferations and expectations, which one would you suggest me to buy?

Other than that, what can you tell me about the lifetime waranty of Koss?
Also, the Koss UR55 has some kind of foam cushions. What do you think about their durability and comfort?

Thank you for any recomendations and sorry for the long reading. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back