Struggling....
Dec 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by 514179 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the transparent one is the latest?

No, all three color schemes have been updated. The clear ones were added with the latest revision so they are guaranteed to be the new version regardless of where you buy them.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #19 of 53
after read several review...I feel more confused...as I can see both of them are highly rated.
maybe that's because I know nothing about earphone, I really cant tell which one is better to me. I usually listen to some pop music, R&B, Rap(but not too fast--like mocking bird). If you were me, which one will you choose?
o yea....while I am surfing in head-fi, I notice one more iem- pl-30
haha...more choice again....
anyway, thanks so much, you are the only one who answer my question all the way
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #20 of 53
The PL30 is a very nice IEM for the $25 it costs. It's not quite as good as the other three mentioned, especially with your music preferences. If you're ok with the Ai-M6's wear style and possibly having to remove the memory wire if you end up not liking it, I would go for the M6s. Otherwise probably the Nuforces with your music preferences.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PL30 is a very nice IEM for the $25 it costs. It's not quite as good as the other three mentioned, especially with your music preferences. If you're ok with the Ai-M6's wear style and possibly having to remove the memory wire if you end up not liking it, I would go for the M6s. Otherwise probably the Nuforces with your .

is there really a big difference from the the common style? I haven't try over the ear before.
what is memory wire?
So do you mean Ne-6 is more suitable for my music preferences than the other 2? why?

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #22 of 53
A memory wire is a wire that retains its shape. It's used to guide the wire over the ear and makes the wire actually stay there. Very useful if you are doing some excessing for example.
I haven't hear any of those three, but from what I could gather, joker is recommending you the NE-6s because they pack a little more punch on the low end. I could be wrong though, but I guess only joker can give you a proper answer to that question.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A memory wire is a wire that retains its shape. It's used to guide the wire over the ear and makes the wire actually stay there. Very useful if you are doing some excessing for example.
I haven't hear any of those three, but from what I could gather, joker is recommending you the NE-6s because they pack a little more punch on the low end.

Yeah, that's exactly right
beerchug.gif
. The Nuforces are a little warmer and slower so they appear to have a more voluminous low end.

As for the fit, I really like the fit of the M6s but it can take too long to insert them because the memory wire has to be routed over the ear. Call me impatient, but I successfully attacked it with a sharp blade and some wire clippers. Shaved 10-15 seconds off my IEM insertion time.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #25 of 53
Availability is the big issue with the Fischer IEMs and the reason why I haven't tried them. Plus the sound signature of the Eterna doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I believe I read that they will be $70-75 when they become available in the US so they are definitely out of your original budget.

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Availability is the big issue with the Fischer IEMs and the reason why I haven't tried them. Plus the sound signature of the Eterna doesn't sound like my cup of tea. I believe I read that they will be $70-75 when they become available in the US so they are definitely out of your original budget.

so do mean they are not yet released yet? so the price of $53-59 is> <...

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

sorry for being so picky> <...
I read some review in http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/m...-v-3-a-450407/
and suddenly feel interested in Fischer Audio Silver Bullet and Eterna
I think the price is still affordable to me while the sq is rated higher that M6 and Ne-6, though I dont know where I can buy this two.

joker, what's your opinion? I will look into the review more
thx
smily_headphones1.gif

You sure are making this thread live up to its title
biggrin.gif
The biggest problem with rating the sound quality of an earphone is that sound is very subjective to humans. What one might like, may be be torture for you. It is better to first consider what kind of sound you would like from your earphones and then take the IEM that is believed to be the closest to what you're looking for in your price range.

To make it easier to determine what kind of sound you're after you either have to have a couple of different headphones, earphones, IEMs and/or speakers, then describe what makes them sound different and what you prefer. You could also try to do this with a proper equalizer and then lower or rise certain frequencies to see whether you like that. That latter method doesn't work very well, but then you know what frequencies influence what part of your music. This method might give a small idea of the qualities you want from your IEMs. It's only somewhat helpful though.

I actually am having a hard time deciding and figuring out what kind of IEMs I'm really looking for. I just plan on buying a couple different IEMs that aren't too expensive and then just see what makes me like one more than the other. That way I hope to learn enough about the different ways an IEM can portray my music to make a more educated decision on buying more expensive IEMs. Hopefully it should also make it easier for me to know what someone truly means when he says a certain IEM has rolled off highs for example. It's going to be a long and painful (for my wallet) road though, I don't plan on buying more than one pair of not too expensive IEMs per every 2 months. But I guess I'm getting a bit too off-topic here.

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

so do mean they are not yet released yet? so the price of $53-59 is> <...

They have been released, they are just not easy to get outside of Russia AFAIK (correct me of I'm wrong though).

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #30 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sure are making this thread live up to its title
biggrin.gif
The biggest problem with rating the sound quality of an earphone is that sound is very subjective to humans. What one might like, may be be torture for you. It is better to first consider what kind of sound you would like from your earphones and then take the IEM that is believed to be the closest to what you're looking for in your price range.

To make it easier to determine what kind of sound you're after you either have to have a couple of different headphones, earphones, IEMs and/or speakers, then describe what makes them sound different and what you prefer. You could also try to do this with a proper equalizer and then lower or rise certain frequencies to see whether you like that. That latter method doesn't work very well, but then you know what frequencies influence what part of your music. This method might give a small idea of the qualities you want from your IEMs. It's only somewhat helpful though.

I actually am having a hard time deciding and figuring out what kind of IEMs I'm really looking for. I just plan on buying a couple different IEMs that aren't too expensive and then just see what makes me like one more than the other. That way I hope to learn enough about the different ways an IEM can portray my music to make a more educated decision on buying more expensive IEMs. Hopefully it should also make it easier for me to know what someone truly means when he says a certain IEM has rolled off highs for example. It's going to be a long and painful (for my wallet) road though, I don't plan on buying more than one pair of not too expensive IEMs per every 2 months. But I guess I'm getting a bit too off-topic here.

haha am i?:p
avtually this is wt I am think now. As I am a newbie in the world of earphone, any of the entry level earphone will surely satisfy my current standard( I am using philips SHE9501 only now).
haha, is that right for me to think this way?
so my current job is to choose between Ne-6 and M6..still....a hard choice> <

Users who are viewing this thread

Back