Strengthening Fiio L3 strain relief
Dec 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fordy314

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a Fiio E11 and L3 to play from my iPod touch 4th generation, but the L3 broke on day 2. The stress from bending between the iPod and amp must have broken some of the connections in the housing for the dock connector. I just got another one yesterday and was wondering if it would help to open the housing and try to reinforce the strain relief somehow. I'm not sure what exactly I'd use to do so or if it would help. What do you guys think?

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 2
I had a similar problem with L3 which I attributed to frequent bumping of that large loop of wire that was sticking straight out of the bottom of my rig.  I switched to an Fiio L9 a couple of years ago.  I haven't had any problem with the L9...still using the original unit.  I found the lower profile provided by the right angle plugs to be more compact on my portable set-up.  Not sure if this will work for you.  The L9 is about an inch longer (cable length) than the L3.  My current rig is 160GB iPod Classic > L9 > JDS C5 > SE535.  With the right angle plug on the SE535's, all the cable are nice and close to the bottom of the rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back