street style headphone recommendations
Dec 20, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #16 of 25
^ That seems to be the trend lately. Someone asks which Apple computer to get, and somebody tells them to get a Dell. Or you ask if a LD2 can drive HD650 and your told to upgrade your source??? In this case street phones somehow equals buds. Personally, you can't go wrong with Koss.

This site has really become less and less a resource since it came back up.

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 25
I understand what your looking for perfectly well, however, I thought it was a good portable solution and a good suggestion since the Yuin headphones will sound much better than the Koss sPorta-Potty.

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand what your looking for perfectly well, however, I thought it was a good portable solution and a good suggestion since the Yuin headphones will sound much better than the Koss sPorta-Potty.

If they werent so uncomfortable and lived up to the hype maybe, but the SportaPros are proven, comfortable, have the nice lifetime warranty, fold up pretty well and come with a nice carrying sack.

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

I've owned all 3 Yuins and while they are good phones, the Koss big three (Sporta, KSC75, and Porta) are better. The only downsize is their form factor, but in this case it is what the OP wants. Sporta was a good choice.

Dec 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Sporta has better SQ then the PK1,,,?

Yes- I think so. Plus you need an amp if you really want to make the PK1 compete and I don't believe the OP is using one. Again, this is about answering within the parameters of what the OP has described. Or else we might as well just disregard everything and offer up the HD650.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #23 of 25
I appreciate the well thought out and reasonable responses. I just picked up the sportapros. They definitely have a good thing going with this driver. I still intend to stock up up some pairs of ksc-55s before they disappear , to me they don't sound any worse than the sportapros, and they are lighter. when I first put on the ksc-55s they were terribly uncomfortable, but a simple mod made them perfect. I took my trusty heat gun and heated the headband and stretched them at the back slightly. no pain behind the ears but still are snug enough.

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #24 of 25
The Sony MDR-G74SL's are what I use for SS phones, they work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back