Street Price?
Apr 12, 2011 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

plasticookies

New Head-Fier
This may sound like a very stupid question, but bare with me, please
wink_face.gif

I frequently see people refer to "street" prices here on Head-Fi. I presume that means the price in-store, correct? See..I'm in Toronto and higher-end headphones are either non-existent in-store or are the complete opposite of "street" price.

So if I were to take a trip across the border, where would I find said street prices? In general, are in-store prices usually cheaper than online? Or are there certain shops that are favored by Head-fiers? If so, are there any that you would recommend in cities along the I-90 (through NY and Massachusetts)?

Thanks everyone.

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 5
When one says street price, they are usually referring to a lower price from online vendors (basically the consensus price below MSRP). There aren't all that many stores that carry high end headphones anywhere.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 5
street price means how much you pay when a guy in a full length trenchcoat approaches you from a dark alley and says "hey buddy - wanna buy some headphones?"

tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
street price means how much you pay when a guy in a full length trenchcoat approaches you from a dark alley and says "hey buddy - wanna buy some headphones?"

tongue.gif

Hey..can't rule anything out south of the border.

.... i kid. don't hurt me
wink.gif

Quote:
I find that "street price" on Head-fi normally means the lowest price you can get online. Which is often Amazon or eBay. With some items it is hard to find anyone at all selling things at the street price.

OP, since you are in Toronto you may find this useful: Canadian Companies/Retailers

Thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back