Streaming service with best audio quality? [Soundcloud vs Spotify vs YT vs others]
May 9, 2016 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

IMPERIUS

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm just wondering what streaming service has the best audio quality? Youtube, Soundcloud, Pandora, Spotify? Something else?

I'm looking for something that I can listen to when not connected to a wifi network for my upcoming trips and want the best quality. Gotta be free. Can be any genre, I actually enjoy smaller artists from Soundcloud but don't really know if Soundcloud compared to other platforms offers the same or worse quality.

Also I'm asking for both mobile and PC.

Thanks!

edit: also I'm interested in what serive is best for when I DO have an internet connection

May 10, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 4
This is probably why you aren't getting any responses: 

Quote:
  Gotta be free. 

Can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're looking for quality, you'll have to pay up. None of the options sound good free, all their bitrates are quite low

May 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 4
I usually listen to Pandora. I have Pandora One and opt for the higher quality audio, but Spotify, even the free version, seems to have noticeably better audio quality than even premium Pandora.

I stick with Pandora though, because I really like their song selection algorithm, and it lets me listen to music I like without having to think about what to play.

I'm just wondering what streaming service has the best audio quality?

I'm looking for something that I can listen to when not connected to a wifi network for my upcoming trips and want the best quality.

edit: also I'm interested in what serive is best for when I DO have an internet connection

You're asking about streaming services, which by nature require an internet connection.   So, when you are not connected to wifi, are you connected to a cell phone data plan?

I think T-Mobile doesn't count streaming Pandora toward your data quota, so that's a nice plus ( check your plan ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back