Streaming service that doesn’t shove their paid artists at you??
Jun 29, 2023 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rockcrusher

New Head-Fier
Right now, I pay for Spotify and Apple Music, and I’m reasonably happy with the available music and it’s quality.

What I hate is that I want more control over what shows up on the home page etc.

I don’t care about the podcasts you are being paid to promote, or to celebrate music by this marginalized group because it’s their month to shine. I want to listen to music without ads which is why I’m giving you money.

Anything like that?

Sound Cloud? Tidal? Amazon?

I just want to login and see my history, my playlists, new music from artists that I are in my history, and recommendations for music like what’s in my history.

If most of my history is French pop music, I don’t want recommendations for Taylor Swift or Post Malone.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 2
You might want to look into Qobuz and/or Tidal, though I prefer Qobuz SQ a bit more. Match one or both of those services into Roon and you will find more music than you know what to do with.

Play history

20230629_130642.jpg

Recently added history

20230629_130629.jpg

New Releases

20230629_130723.jpg

Also at the bottom of most albums Roon gives you other suggested albums to check out by the same artist, other artists in the same genre and other albums to check out by different artists of the same genre, so if you're listening to French pop, you will not get recs for Taylor Swift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back