Streaming issues with Tidal on Windows.
Apr 3, 2018 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ChevyMonsenhor

100+ Head-Fier
For almost a month i'm having streaming issues with Tidal on Windows.
While on my iPhone SE the streaming works just fine, i'm having a hard time trying to stream any song from Tidal on my Windows machines. At first i thought it could be an issue with my main computer, but after testing the app on my laptop, on a different network (an enterprise network with 50mbps of constant download speed) the problem seemed to persist.
Then i remembered Deezer Hi-Fi is a thing, so i decided to accept the 30 day trial to test it, surprise surprise, no issues there, streamed everything 100% normal, it also streamed much faster than Tidal (even on non hi-fi mode).
Is it just me or you guys have this issue as well? I'm already thinking about jumping over to Deezer...

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 4
I have noticed issues with my work laptop actually running out of RAM streaming tidal (Via Chrome or APP). Literally stutters and locks up the machine.
Its bizarre. Only on some albums (War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne is one such album).

I have not experienced this on my home machine however due to more RAM headroom (32gb vs 4gb @ work).

I used to have intermittent streaming issues from a buffering POV some time ago, which was was quite frustrating considering my 300mbps connection @ home.

I also have no issue streaming on wifi using my iPad, so suggests problem in windows/tidal somewhere. Considering PC is on LAN too.

Apr 3, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 4
I have noticed issues with my work laptop actually running out of RAM streaming tidal (Via Chrome or APP). Literally stutters and locks up the machine.
Its bizarre. Only on some albums (War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne is one such album).

I have not experienced this on my home machine however due to more RAM headroom (32gb vs 4gb @ work).

I used to have intermittent streaming issues from a buffering POV some time ago, which was was quite frustrating considering my 300mbps connection @ home.

I also have no issue streaming on wifi using my iPad, so suggests problem in windows/tidal somewhere. Considering PC is on LAN too.

Yeah, it does consume a lot of RAM, but that is not the case for me since i'm running 24gbs in triple channel with an OC'ed Xeon X5670.
Well, i guess i'll keep testing, i still have a few days until my monthly subscription updates, i'll contact Tidal and tell them about this problem, if they can't fix it, i may as well be moving over to Deezer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back