Streaming flac vs local playback
Jan 16, 2018 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smodtactical

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey everyone, I tried to find a thread on this and couldn't find anything timely or relevant.

What do you think of online lossless streaming (such as from Deezer or Tidal) vs playing local flac files on your PC in terms of audio quality. Do you notice any differences when your listening through your high end systems?

Thanks!

Jan 29, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 6
I tried to use Tidal for flac streaming music. However, I cannot find the right place for digital output directly go to my DAC. Therefore, I stop my subscribe on Tidal and start using mora from Japan and HD track to buy Hi-Res music instead.
Also, the music I love mostly cannot be found on TIDAL.
When I still used Windows system several years ago, I used foobar2000 for local music.
But now, I use DeadBeef on linux system.

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm not too familiar with hi-fi online streaming services, but assuming if you are getting high quality (equal quality as your local FLAC) digital recording streamed, there should not be a audible difference between getting that FLAC file via the internet or from you local storage.
From your DAC respective it's the same bits coming in.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 6
I tried to use Tidal for flac streaming music. However, I cannot find the right place for digital output directly go to my DAC. Therefore, I stop my subscribe on Tidal and start using mora from Japan and HD track to buy Hi-Res music instead.
Also, the music I love mostly cannot be found on TIDAL.
When I still used Windows system several years ago, I used foobar2000 for local music.
But now, I use DeadBeef on linux system.

Foobar is on linux now (thank god),
https://snapcraft.io/foobar2000

Jul 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Music server bit perfect is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back