Streamer advice (Chord 2go?)
Dec 28, 2021 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shinsengumi

100+ Head-Fier
I need some recommendations to point me in the right directions. I want to buy a streamer.
  • No need of DAC due to the fact that I have a Chord Hugo 2 that I like.
  • The streamer will replace my Mac Mini to simplify my set up.
  • Will use the streamer on Wi-Fi so I want a streamer with stable connection.
  • I will use the streamer to stream Quboz. I don’t have a big music library of my own.
  • Would like to use the streamer as a Roon endpoint to get Roons fantastic UI.
  • I want a plug and play experience. I would like to get a streamer which connects and then I can forget about it.
  • I would like to control my music through my IPad (Roon or other application).
  • My limit is 1500 usd.
Contenders that I have found myself
  • Chord 2Go. I like the idea of getting the flexibility of moving around in my house and listening by my main rig, bed and office. But it seems to have some connection problems for some users.
  • Bluesound node (130). Cheap and seems to do the work.
  • Cambridge Audio CXN. Nice looking with display. It is big. I pay extra for the DAC I don’t need.

Jan 1, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I need some recommendations to point me in the right directions. I want to buy a streamer.
  • No need of DAC due to the fact that I have a Chord Hugo 2 that I like.
  • The streamer will replace my Mac Mini to simplify my set up.
  • Will use the streamer on Wi-Fi so I want a streamer with stable connection.
  • I will use the streamer to stream Quboz. I don’t have a big music library of my own.
  • Would like to use the streamer as a Roon endpoint to get Roons fantastic UI.
  • I want a plug and play experience. I would like to get a streamer which connects and then I can forget about it.
  • I would like to control my music through my IPad (Roon or other application).
  • My limit is 1500 usd.
Contenders that I have found myself
  • Chord 2Go. I like the idea of getting the flexibility of moving around in my house and listening by my main rig, bed and office. But it seems to have some connection problems for some users.
  • Bluesound node (130). Cheap and seems to do the work.
  • Cambridge Audio CXN. Nice looking with display. It is big. I pay extra for the DAC I don’t need.
Hi,
I don’t have any experience to comment on different options. All I can do is say what I use - also having ditched my Mac mini for a simpler set-up recently. I use an iFi Zen Stream which has some ‘connect’ services like Spotify, Roon and Tidal (but not Quboz), however I use Apple Music Lossless and connect to the Zen Stream via Airplay (CD quality only) from my iPhone or iPad. (I use an RME ADI-2 DAC connected by USB).

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 3
2Go is your best bet. Use an Apple device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back