strange...
Apr 21, 2002 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

impoeticpoet

Head-Fier
Just something I pondered as quite odd:
2 weeks ago, when I had just received my V6's and CT570, I played my Blink cd (I forget which) with the volume at notch 7. Last week, I got comfortable with 5. Today I can hear everything just fine with 4. Is something strange going on?

Apr 21, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 11
You listen to your V6 with the volume dial set at 7.... YOUR ARE INSANE!!! I think you can get some hearing damage done pretty soon if you continue to do that. Keeping the volume dial at 4 might be a good idea.

I usually listen to my V6 with the volume dial between 1-2. That's loud enough for me, and i can hear all the details.

Apr 21, 2002 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 11
I was listening to my 580s at 5 clicks on my receiver and sound was a little harsh to say the lease. I took asprin on some of my cds and thought that it was the music. Now I listen at 3 clicks and the music has mellowed out. At times I even go to 2 clicks and still hear all the stuff but when something really good comes on I just cant help going to 3 clicks. I think my brain ajust to the lower settings and it after a short while sounds like it is loud enough.

Apr 21, 2002 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
You listen to your V6 with the volume dial set at 7.... YOUR ARE INSANE!!! I think you can get some hearing damage done pretty soon if you continue to do that. Keeping the volume dial at 4 might be a good idea.

I usually listen to my V6 with the volume dial between 1-2. That's loud enough for me, and i can hear all the details.

I must be mentally unstable then... you already know that I listen to my V6 with my JMT at 2 o'clock (a very rough approximation would be at volume 20/10 (Yes... TWENTY) on a 10mw PCDP!!!!)

Apr 21, 2002 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 11
!
redface.gif

Apr 21, 2002 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 11
indeed, Duncan, we know you think you're he coolest and all with you 'titanium ears', but please don't give people the wrong ideas okay? you're gonna regret it someday, even tho you have no problems today.

Apr 22, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #9 of 11
Of course, there is also the possibility of his Blink CD being recorded at a lower volume than other CDs. I kinda doubt it, but it is a possibility. My CDs all vary in volume, though it is usually only about 1 point on my pcdp in volume.

Apr 22, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #10 of 11
It sprung as a habit from using crappy packaged-in headphones. I could never get any detail out of those.

Or maybe it's because of the lower range masking over the vocals with my V6's?

Has anyone here have a total disgust for Bassboost or any sort of bass "enhancing" mechanism? I would never turn it on, even with those sh***y packaged-in cans.

Apr 22, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 11
99% of the people here hate the bassboost. It is muddy and disgusting. Just make sure you either a) measure the sound with an SPL (preferred) or b) quit listening when it hurts and make sure to turn the volume down next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back