Strange skip with Nero burnt CD's
Aug 28, 2006 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Captain

500+ Head-Fier
Could any body tell me why, when I make a MP3 audio CD though Nero I get a skip like a scratch on a record? It can happen so bad on some CD's that it is not a pleasure to listen to, some times only once or twice and very rare occasions never. If I do a straight MP3 dater burn all is OK. I wont to burn as audio CD as I then get track count. Is their any other audio CD burning software to recommend?

Thanks

Aug 28, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 6
My first recommendation is to use Ashampoo Test & Convert to check if your mp3 file is corrupted somewhere. Ashampoo can fix teh corrupted frames. When a burner (including NERO) runs into a corrupted frame it tries correct the error and continue burning. If it is a really bad error, the burner will return an arror notice.
Also try converting the mp3 file to a wav file before burning. I use FUERIO for this and I find that burning results are far better when teh mp3 file is first decompressed, then burnt. Burning mp3 into audio files on the fly has not always produced acceptable results for me.

Aug 28, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks manged to sort it in EAC. Strange though, I have checked for faults with the MP3 files and their are no problems their. As said their seems to be a problem with Nero.

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 6
I've noticed it too with Nero, I usually just use foobar to convert the playlist I want to burn to wav first then burn it to cd audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back