Strange issue with my M1HPAP
Nov 17, 2016 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

elgringo81

New Head-Fier
Hello there.

I have an annoying issue with my Headphone amplifier.

I am dealing with distortion unless I turn on my integrated amplifier (M5si) which is connected to Line Out on my headphone amplifier (MF M1HPAP)

This is how my chain looks like if I break it in two.
Stationary computer >USB> Chord 2Qute > MF M1HPAP > HD800S
Stationary computer >USB> Chord 2Qute > MF M1HPAP >Line Out>  MF M5si > (Stereo 2.2) B&W CM1 S2 + 2x Dali SUB E-9 F subs.

I am using Audioquest Golden Gate RCA cables and QED Performance USB cable to the 2Qute

In other words, I need to power on my 2x150W amp to get rid of distortion in my headphone amp.

Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me what is going on?

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello there.

I have an annoying issue with my Headphone amplifier.

I am dealing with distortion unless I turn on my integrated amplifier (M5si) which is connected to Line Out on my headphone amplifier (MF M1HPAP)

This is how my chain looks like if I break it in two.
Stationary computer >USB> Chord 2Qute > MF M1HPAP > HD800S
Stationary computer >USB> Chord 2Qute > MF M1HPAP >Line Out>  MF M5si > (Stereo 2.2) B&W CM1 S2 + 2x Dali SUB E-9 F subs.

I am using Audioquest Golden Gate RCA cables and QED Performance USB cable to the 2Qute

In other words, I need to power on my 2x150W amp to get rid of distortion in my headphone amp.

Does anyone have experience with this and can tell me what is going on?
I don't know the cause I'm sure it's some impedance thing. I have a Yggdrasil and if I have my Bottlehead Crack or Amps and Sound Kenzie plugged in with my Liquid Carbon and if the Liquid Carbon is not powered on the sound is distorted. Unplug the Liquid Carbon or turn it on and all is fine. I don't think you have a problem with your gear just how it's hooked up. Don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back